Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with shutdown command in script (MacOS High Sierra) Post 303032211 by wisecracker on Wednesday 13th of March 2019 06:46:21 PM
Old 03-13-2019
Hi LMHmedchem...

Take a look at post #2 here, it might be of use:

Root access in OSX 10.12.2.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

High Performance Linpack Compiling Issue

I'm trying to compile Linpack on a Ubuntu cluster. I'm running MPI. I've modified the following values to fit my system TOPdir MPdir LAlib CC LINKER. When compiling I get the following error: (the error is at the end, the other errors in between are because I've ran the script several times so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPJPJPJP
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script when shutdown or reboot command is given

This is probably a simple question, but I'm new with writing scripts for Linux (IPFire in this case) and Google wasn't helpful with this. When creating a script, what is the best and/or proper way to have it exit automatically if the reboot or shutdown command is given? If that's even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartgrefte
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Capture power button press on MacOs High Sierra?

Hello everyone! I'm developing a MacOs Application in python and I'm having some issues trying to find information related to the power button pressed event. I know that in Ubuntu 14.04 you can find information about it on the acpi folders, but I realized that here in Mac that process is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xedge
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

If you run macOS High Sierra version 10.13.1, be sure to install today's update.

Some hackers found a security hole in macOS High Sierra and tweeted it to the world before telling Apple about the problem. You can see the details from PC Magazine's daily news here: Apple Releases Fix for MacOS High Sierra 'Root' Bug. The original story this morning was published before a patch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Don Cragun
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux SuSE SLES 8 error..unable to issue shutdown command

the only way we can power off is if we actually press power button on server. Running on HP DL-G4. from root, when we issue command it just returns to root prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amexboy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with pwd for script run by double click on script (MacOS High SIerra)

Hello, I have the following script that just archives and clears some log files. #!/bin/bash # script: archive_logs_and_clear # add date to logfile names and copy archive directory # clear logs # change to script directory cd ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal running bash/rsync script does not close with exit (MacOS High SIerra)

Hello, I am running a bash script to do an rsync back on a computer running MacOS High Sierra. This is the script I am using, #!/bin/bash # main backup location, trailing slash included backup_loc="/Volumes/Archive_Volume/00_macos_backup/" # generic backup function function backup {... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
12 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Change Name of Bluetooth Device from Command Line in macOS

Mac Version 10.15.2 (macOS Catalina) Does anyone know how to change the name of a connected bluetooth device from the command line on macOS? I am having trouble with various bluetooth devices which I cannot get the "rename" option in the GUI to "save" properly and so I cannot rename a few... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies