Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Trying to debug truss command of PID in Solaris 10. Post 303032209 by chadpierce62 on Wednesday 13th of March 2019 06:38:59 PM
Old 03-13-2019
I can manually create the file with the same username/UID with no errors. permissions are wide open at 777 on the arch folder as well.

ls -l | grep arch
drwxrwxrwx 3 ediprod edi 1945600 Mar 13 19:49 arch

That file does not exist but I believe it's created as a checkpoint for the application to rename archive files. All the files in the folder are 777 as well just to rule out permissions. I went from an NFS share on an IBM v7000 to just a straight up Ubuntu 16 Linux server running NFS. All the mount/export options are the same from both storage devices.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kill a debug command

once I run the debug command for a program, I can't get back to the prompt afterwards. I'm sure there is some escape sequence that will get me back there, but I don't know what it is. Anyone know?--thanks--AJ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJA
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Truss and the FTP command

I have been trying to perform the following command without success truss -feo truss.out ftp -nvd < ftpcmds.txt The error I am getting is "truss: cannot trace set_id or unreadable object file /usr/bin/ftp" I have tested the file that contains the ftp commands and it works fine with ftp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: canman
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's the debug command for perl scripts

Hi, Can you please let me know if there's any debug command for perl scripts like set -x for shell scripts (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dayanandra
2 Replies

4. Programming

gdb: how to debug an executable file with a few command line papameters

If an executalbe file has several parameters, gdb can not pass parameters correctly. Let us see: run: ./executablefile1 agr1 arg2 arg3 debug: gdb executablefile1 run executalbefile1 arg1 arg2 arg3 then argv : executablefile1 argv : executablefile argv : arg1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Pid from a command output

pariosd -status NodeName ID ROLE STATE PROTECTION --------------------------------------------------------------------------- tn320_scm10 10 ACTIVE UP No Protection tn320_scm11 11 UNKNOWN UNKNOWN LocalApps ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariprasad123
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Is there a way to debug the startup on Solaris?

Is there a way to debug the startup on a VT100 running Solaris 5? I have a problem related to file attributes that are resetting to there prior settings when the machine reboots. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimcz2it
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to understand the output of TRUSS command

Hi, I am trying to set ulimit for soft stack unlimited, but this is not taking effect, after tracing the ulimit -a unlimited command, the below output was generated, which i am unable to comprehend. Could any one help me with this? prcbap1-r10prod: truss -d ulimit -s unlimited Tue Dec 30... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NasirAbbasi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the parent PID only in Solaris?

Hi, I am using this command fuser_result=`fuser -f /web/$1/admin-*/logs/access` to get the parent pid of the process. However, The output differs and at times it shows two pids instead of one thus failing the logic of my script. See output below: bash-3.2$ fuser -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)