Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IBM VIOS AIX HMC Error
Operating Systems AIX IBM VIOS AIX HMC Error Post 303032205 by filosophizer on Wednesday 13th of March 2019 05:52:36 PM
Old 03-13-2019
IBM VIOS AIX HMC Error

hello

P6 was managed by HMC, tried to install on it VIOS 2.2.6
and got this error message

Hosting requires a hosting partition -- boot not permitted
IBM VIOS AIX HMC Error-vios_4jpeg

vios-4 - imgbb.com

then after creating an lpar in HMC got this message
B2001230

vios-3 - imgbb.com

anyone know how to solve this problem ? Objective here is to make the system as standalone VIOS Machine.

Last edited by filosophizer; 03-13-2019 at 06:59 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with IBM 550 and HMC settings

I'm a Solaris and Debian/SuSE weenie, and I need some help setting the IP address of the remote web interface on an IBM 550 I plugged the port labled HMC1 to the network. The "network" is really a small linksys router that I use to test internet configs, as I can change the settings at will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Shock
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX, VIOS and DS4800 SAN

Hello I have a system with four AIX 5L V5.3 partitions and a Virtual I/O server, connected to a a DS4800 storage array. Now the company bought another DS4800... i made raid on it... and now i wanna give LUN's to the VIOS, so i can use in one of AIX partitions... Someone can help me? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfca
5 Replies

3. AIX

To see vhost on VIOS after creating an HMC profile

I created a profile in HMC for a new LPAR and activated it but not yet installed AIX. Is there a step to make this new LPAR available as vhostX from the VIO server after creating and activating an HMC profile? I already shared the CD-ROM device from the HMC profile. Thanks. -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learner1
1 Replies

4. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX ran into error u0.1-p1-v2

Hi Guys, Is there any one can help me with the below error message dispalys on the LED panel. 10112633 u0.1-p1-v2 I bought a second hand IBM 7029 6C3 online several days ago. On the fist day, it can be ran well. but on second day, when i tried to boot up the machine, after few mins, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andylai
2 Replies

6. AIX

IBM VIOS POWERVM IVM error

Hi, When I try to login on my vios ivm website http://vios through the browser -- all three of them -- firefox , chrome , Internet Explorer , i get this error http://vioserver/j_security_check I have java installed on the machine from where i am trying to open up the IVM/VIOS webpage. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

7. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. AIX

Moving VIOS, LPAR's, HMC to different subnet

Hi, Just joined to new company with one Power 720 Express (8202-E4C) server and have no much experience with IBM systems. I am trying to move everything I mentioned to different subnet as required by customer contract (currently sitting on same subnet as company lan). Access to this subnet will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: spricer
8 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

10. AIX

Revisiting IBM PowerVM VIOS AIX

coming from this thread: https://www.unix.com/aix/211107-ibm-power-pseries-open-firmware-boot-vios-powervm-vet-code.html PowerVM, formerly known as Advanced Power Virtualization (APV), is a chargeable feature of IBM POWER5, POWER6, POWER7, POWER8, and POWER9 servers and is required for support... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)