Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help text manipulation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help text manipulation Post 303032173 by cemokam65 on Wednesday 13th of March 2019 05:20:29 AM
Old 03-13-2019
Code:
awk '/GIR/,/QTY/' source.txt>t_source.txt

Code:
more t_source.txt
GIR+4+0012C-0294:AN++JM:AT'
LOC+54+F28022::92'
LIN+++33.25480-5827:IN'
IMD+F++:::WIAZKA ELEKTRYCZNA  LADEN-HAST E4C-'
QTY+131:1:C62'
GIR+4+0012C-0294:AN++JN:AT'
LOC+54+F28023::92'
LIN+++PZ.25480-5758:IN'
IMD+F++:::CZESC PROTOTYPOWA  EL-LEITUNGSSATZ'
GIR+4+0012C-0294:AN++JQ:AT'
LOC+54+F28026::92'
LIN+++PZ.25480-5756:IN'
IMD+F++:::CZESC PROTOTYPOWA  EL-LEITUNGSSATZ'

And finaly;
Code:
cat t_source.txt|grep -v IMD|grep -v LOC>f_source.txt

Code:
more f_source.txt

Code:
GIR+4+0012C-0294:AN++JM:AT'
LIN+++33.25480-5827:IN'
GIR+4+0012C-0294:AN++JN:AT'
LIN+++PZ.25480-5758:IN'
GIR+4+0012C-0294:AN++JQ:AT'
LIN+++PZ.25480-5756:IN'

Now I need to get ifnal output like as ;
Code:
GIR+4+0012C-0294:AN++JM:AT' LIN+++33.25480-5827:IN' QTY+131:1:C62'
GIR+4+0012C-0294:AN++JN:AT' LIN+++PZ.25480-5758:IN' QTY+131:1:C62'
GIR+4+0012C-0294:AN++JQ:AT' LIN+++PZ.25480-5756:IN' QTY+131:1:C62'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Manipulation.

Hi I have only ever used awk and sed for basic requirements up until now. I have had to break a log down for multiple purposes. Using awk, sed and a date script. I am left with this: (message id, time of msg attempt, message id, domain name, time of msg completion) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Icepick
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text manipulation

I am tryin to figure out how to extract interested text from file example.txt blah blah blah a: child1 blah a: child2 blah b: parent1 blah blah blah .... blah a: child21 blah a: child22 blah a: child23 blah b: parent2 this kinda text repeats .. number of children is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkishore
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with text manipulation

Hi there, I have some text files in unix format that processed by a program in windows, and when I open them with less or vi in linux, a warn for opening binary file is prompted, and as shown in vi, between every two characters there was inserted a "^@". How can I fix this. Plus, there are over... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dustinwang2003
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text Manipulation

Greetings. Iīm a biologist and I donīt have mucho knowledge on Unix/Linux, but I need to use Cygwin to change some documents from a GenBank format to a FASTA format. GenBank format goes somthing like this: LOCUS NM_013964 2568 bp mRNA linear PRI 26-APR-2009... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanesa1230
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[HELP] Text manipulation... [HELP]

I need to know how can I remove all word after comma on each line. Like: jjkj,iiuiui,ijlkjkij,ookoo kijljlj,jhhkj,ijijkijkj,oijkijj kjkljlkj,kjkjlkjlkj,opok,okop to jjkj, kijljlj, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slutb3
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text manipulation help

Hello again unix.com How can I extract from a large file in format: steve@aol.com steve hawkins Location of this member is bla bla bla sun@hotmail.com Sun Ying This member is using browser bla bla bla to another text in format: steve@aol.com steve hawkins sun@hotmail.com sun ying ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text Manipulation Help

Hello Unix.com, I have a text in format: john sara lee How can I make it: john:john john:john1 john:john12 john:john123 sara:sara sara:sara12 sara:sara123 and so on (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text manipulation help

Hello unix.com users, I have a ip file (line-by-line). How can I delete the ips that keep repeating by mark XXX.XXX.XXX.* ... I want to erase only the lines that keep repeating more than 2 times. Example: 1.2.3.1 1.2.3.2 1.2.3.3 I want to erase all ips blocks that are repeating by C... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text manipulation

i want to generate a list line-by-line of normal characters using letters . for example : dnds gnos mgod pets jnfp etc... i want to use all letters with all the posibilities is there a script that can do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suppliernr1
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text manipulation help

Hello again, I have a problem manipulating a large text document and there is no way I could edit this document by hand. Format is: Address : XXXX N 37 Ave, Hollywood, FL, 33021 Phone: XXX3190XXX Player: XXXXXX Character: Jaramillo DOB: June-14-1995 ----- Name: Alexandra Ticket... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
WRJPGCOM(1)						      General Commands Manual						       WRJPGCOM(1)

NAME
wrjpgcom - insert text comments into a JPEG file SYNOPSIS
wrjpgcom [ -replace ] [ -comment text ] [ -cfile name ] [ filename ] DESCRIPTION
wrjpgcom reads the named JPEG/JFIF file, or the standard input if no file is named, and generates a new JPEG/JFIF file on standard output. A comment block is added to the file. The JPEG standard allows "comment" (COM) blocks to occur within a JPEG file. Although the standard doesn't actually define what COM blocks are for, they are widely used to hold user-supplied text strings. This lets you add annotations, titles, index terms, etc to your JPEG files, and later retrieve them as text. COM blocks do not interfere with the image stored in the JPEG file. The maximum size of a COM block is 64K, but you can have as many of them as you like in one JPEG file. wrjpgcom adds a COM block, containing text you provide, to a JPEG file. Ordinarily, the COM block is added after any existing COM blocks; but you can delete the old COM blocks if you wish. OPTIONS
Switch names may be abbreviated, and are not case sensitive. -replace Delete any existing COM blocks from the file. -comment text Supply text for new COM block on command line. -cfile name Read text for new COM block from named file. If you have only one line of comment text to add, you can provide it on the command line with -comment. The comment text must be sur- rounded with quotes so that it is treated as a single argument. Longer comments can be read from a text file. If you give neither -comment nor -cfile, then wrjpgcom will read the comment text from standard input. (In this case an input image file name MUST be supplied, so that the source JPEG file comes from somewhere else.) You can enter multiple lines, up to 64KB worth. Type an end-of-file indicator (usually control-D) to terminate the comment text entry. wrjpgcom will not add a COM block if the provided comment string is empty. Therefore -replace -comment "" can be used to delete all COM blocks from a file. EXAMPLES
Add a short comment to in.jpg, producing out.jpg: wrjpgcom -c "View of my back yard" in.jpg > out.jpg Attach a long comment previously stored in comment.txt: wrjpgcom in.jpg < comment.txt > out.jpg or equivalently wrjpgcom -cfile comment.txt < in.jpg > out.jpg SEE ALSO
cjpeg(1), djpeg(1), jpegtran(1), rdjpgcom(1) AUTHOR
Independent JPEG Group 15 June 1995 WRJPGCOM(1)