Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers BMW GT1 DIS - SCO 5.0 and Oracle 7 Root HDD Clone - IBM T30 Post 303032139 by bmw635 on Tuesday 12th of March 2019 06:08:19 PM
Old 03-12-2019
Will try a few thing this weekend and also found a clone utility called clonezilla . Made a bootable clonezilla .i686 USB stick last night and it would use DD cmd for unsupported OS/file system which I think this SCO 5 HDD is. Local computer store just dont do these laptop IDE HDD anymore and only sATA HDD. I will clone on a sATA disc and see if it would boot by changing its boot source on the T30 bios. again appreciate all the advice rgds Don

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO UNIX HDD full backup

HI ALL, I need to backup HDD with SCO UNIX. I need to have a full functionaly backup of this hard disk. Does anybody have any tool or subsription how to do it. I tried some SW, but after when I tried to use this copy of my original disk "can not find a root directory". Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jardas
1 Replies

2. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 and Serial ATA HDD question

Hi guys, I have this quick question , is it posible to isntall SCO 5.0.7 on a serial ATA and if it is can you tell me how or maybe a website that has some info about this. I'm not using any raid, just one HDD. Thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.0.5 installation on 80GB HDD

Hello, I have a P4, 2.4GHz, 256MB ASROCK mainboard: I am trying to install sco 5.0.5 on an 80gb hdd IDE . I have tried the following techniques: 1. using the updated wd btld image- no success 2. defbootstr biosgeom 3. use interactive divvy, make adjustments using dkinit/dparam during... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pude
0 Replies

4. SCO

Sco 5.06 How To Mount A 2nd Hdd Help Help!!!!

Hi guys, I have this problem , One of our client's hdd went down and we cannot boot up the machine , I've installed a new hdd with a fresh copy of SCO 5.0.6 same as the one in the old HDD, i think the data still good in the old HDD. My question!!! How can i access the data from the fresh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Can't successfully clone an HDD in Ubuntu, please help

Hi guys, I am total newbie to Linux / Ubuntu but trying it to solve the problem I have. I have an OKI printer with bad HDD and trying to clone one from the same HDD from working printer. Board it goes on has a Fiery chipset and system used is Linux based / related - to the best of my knowlege. I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unlimitedbt
12 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to clone a 382-workstations hdd?

Hi there, I got a pretty old HP 382 workstation, and the hdd is pretty LOUD ... ;) So I thought I clone it to an much quiter one. I tried this: - removed the loud hdd - connected it to an system running knoppix 7.0.4 (hdd is recognized with UFS filesystem; Clonezilla couldn't handle the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pelegrine
9 Replies

7. SCO

Dd (raw) image of SCO 5.0.6 mount as second hdd

Hi all I have read about mounting crashed HDD from a sco system in this forum. However this I received an image on raw format of the crashed system that was using an IDE HDD. Which method should I mount my image? IDE scsi or USB? The image is stores in an external connected through USB . Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeKenny
4 Replies

8. AIX

IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with the performance. P4 with 1 processor and 16 GB RAM and SAN HDD = Oracle report takes 25 minutes P5 with 2 processors and 16 GB RAM internall HDD with LPAR = Oracle Report takes 1 hour 15 minutes ( please note I have assigned all the max processors and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies
DMC(1)																	    DMC(1)

NAME
dmc - controls the Disk Mount Conditioner SYNOPSIS
dmc start mount [profile-name|profile-index [-boot]] dmc stop mount dmc status mount [-json] dmc show profile-name|profile-index dmc list dmc select mount profile-name|profile-index dmc configure mount type access-time read-throughput write-throughput [ioqueue-depth maxreadcnt maxwritecnt segreadcnt segwritecnt] dmc help | -h DESCRIPTION
dmc(1) configures the Disk Mount Conditioner. The Disk Mount Conditioner is a kernel provided service that can degrade the disk I/O being issued to specific mount points, providing the illusion that the I/O is executing on a slower device. It can also cause the conditioned mount point to advertise itself as a different device type, e.g. the disk type of an SSD could be set to an HDD. This behavior consequently changes various parameters such as read-ahead settings, disk I/O throttling, etc., which normally have different behavior depending on the underlying device type. COMMANDS
Common command parameters: o mount - the mount point to be used in the command o profile-name - the name of a profile as shown in dmc list o profile-index - the index of a profile as shown in dmc list dmc start mount [profile-name|profile-index [-boot]] Start the Disk Mount Conditioner on the given mount point with the current settings (from dmc status) or the given profile, if pro- vided. Optionally configure the profile to remain enabled across reboots, if -boot is supplied. dmc stop mount Disable the Disk Mount Conditioner on the given mount point. Also disables any settings that persist across reboot via the -boot flag provided to dmc start, if any. dmc status mount [-json] Display the current settings (including on/off state), optionally as JSON dmc show profile-name|profile-index Display the settings of the given profile dmc list Display all profile names and indices dmc select mount profile-name|profile-index Choose a different profile for the given mount point without enabling or disabling the Disk Mount Conditioner dmc configure mount type access-time read-throughput write-throughput [ioqueue-depth maxreadcnt maxwritecnt segreadcnt segwritecnt] Select custom parameters for the given mount point rather than using the settings provided by a default profile. See dmc list for example parameter settings for various disk presets. o type - 'SSD' or 'HDD'. The type determines how various system behaviors like disk I/O throttling and read-ahead algorithms affect the issued I/O. Additionally, choosing 'HDD' will attempt to simulate seek times, including drive spin-up from idle. o access-time - latency in microseconds for a single I/O. For SSD types this latency is applied exactly as specified to all I/O. For HDD types, the latency scales based on a simulated seek time (thus making the access-time the maximum latency or seek penalty). o read-throughput - integer specifying megabytes-per-second maximum throughput for disk reads o write-throughput - integer specifying megabytes-per-second maxmimu throughput for disk writes o ioqueue-depth - maximum number of commands that a device can accept o maxreadcnt - maximum byte count per read o maxwritecnt - maximum byte count per write o segreadcnt - maximum physically disjoint segments processed per read o segwritecnt - maximum physically disjoint segments processed per write dmc help | -h Display help text EXAMPLES
dmc start / '5400 HDD' Turn on the Disk Mount Conditioner for the boot volume, acting like a 5400 RPM hard drive. dmc configure /Volumes/ExtDisk SSD 100 100 50 Configure an external disk to use custom parameters to degrade performance as if it were a slow SSD with 100 microsecond latencies, 100MB/s read throughput, and 50MB/s write throughput. IMPORTANT
The Disk Mount Conditioner is not a 'simulator'. It can only degrade (or 'condition') the I/O such that a faster disk device behaves like a slower device, not vice-versa. For example, a 5400 RPM hard drive cannot be conditioned to act like a SSD that is capable of a higher throughput than the theoretical limitations of the hard disk. In addition to running dmc stop, rebooting is also a sufficient way to clear any existing settings and disable Disk Mount Conditioner on all mount points (unless started with -boot). SEE ALSO
nlc(1) January 2018 DMC(1)