Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A quick help on python dict
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers A quick help on python dict Post 303032138 by vbe on Tuesday 12th of March 2019 04:32:12 PM
Old 03-12-2019
Thanks for sharing and pleased you found by yourself a suitable solution

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i need quick help???...please

hey guys i'm new in this world " unix " i wanna any websites can help me to learn unix or any websites i can download UNIX from it thanks :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_Hafez
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need quick help

I have one script that named testing.sh #cat testing.sh #/bin/bash echo "Enter your name:" read name #./testing.sh Enter your name: Sanjay What I need it should take Input in the same prompt(mean to say dun go for next line) like given below. #./testing.sh Enter your name:Sanjay ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep: can't open /usr/dict/words

Hi All, If I use the "/usr/dict/words" inside the shell script, It is showing the error as, grep: can't open /usr/dict/words How can we resolve it? Thanks & Regards, Raja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajakct84
2 Replies

4. Programming

Python: bash-shell-like less functionality in the python shell

Hello, Is there some type of functional way to read things in the Python shell interpreter similar to less or more in the bash (and other) command line shells? Example: >>> import subprocess >>> help(subprocess) ... ... I'm hoping so as I hate scrolling and love how less works with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

5. SuSE

"ssh suse-server 'python -V' > python-version.out" not redirecting

Okay, so I have had this problem on openSUSE, and Debian systems now and I am hoping for a little help. I think it has something to do with Python but I couldn't find a proper Python area here. I am trying to redirect the output of "ssh suse-server 'python -V'" to a file. It seems that no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Druonysus
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting. I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color. I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell. Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

8. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
norewind_close_disabled(5)					File Formats Manual					norewind_close_disabled(5)

NAME
norewind_close_disabled - determine whether access to tape device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option is allowed VALUES
Default Allowed values DESCRIPTION
Note: this tunable was named in releases prior to HP-UX 11i v3. This tunable notifies the tape driver whether it should allow access to device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option. When this tunable is on, the tape driver will fail any open on a tape device special file that does not have the no-rewind-on-close option (that is, or with a status of The tunable allows the safe sharing of tape devices in SAN tape backup solution configurations. The disabling of device special files without no-rewind-on-close in a SAN tape backup solution configuration prevents the accidental sending of a rewind command on close from HP-UX systems via standard tape commands like which would corrupt a backup in process. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on if the system is going to be used in a SAN tape backup solution configuration. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? The tape driver will fail any open to a tape device special file that does not have the no-rewind-on-close option with a status of This behavior prevents the usage of any tape device special file without the no-rewind-on-close option. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? This tunable should be turned off if the system is not part of a SAN tape backup solution configuration or the system utilizes will not function unless it has access to device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? A rewind may be issued accidentally from this system on close, possibly corrupting a backup being issued from another system on the SAN. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. EXAMPLES
Query the current value of the tunable: Set the value of the tunable to To save the value of the tunable across reboots: WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. SEE ALSO
scsi_tape(7), scsimgr_estape(7). Tunable Kernel Parameters norewind_close_disabled(5)