Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract lines if string found from last 30 min only Post 303032056 by rockstar on Sunday 10th of March 2019 12:10:59 PM
Old 03-10-2019
Hi RudiC,

Yes indeed, I have checked all posts before replying back and clearly mentioned that none of the <scripts> worked because I tried all of them. The previous post had just one of the example as don't want to bump over with all outcomes as they all produced the same outcome.

Intention here is to resolve the issue to get experts advise to get issue resolved as pulling data with dates are extremely difficult due to presence of >=2 date formats in log file.

Below script result into invalid date
Code:
$ paste -d'\t\b' <(date -f <(sed 's/^<\|>.*$//g; s/,//2' file) +"%F %T") file | awk -F"\t" -vTS="$(date -d'30 min ago' +'%F %T')" '($1 > TS) {sub ("^" $1 FS, ""); print}'

date: invalid date `2019-03-04T11:03:16.576+0000: 1392540.816: [GC [PSYoungGen: 934720K-'
date: invalid date `\tat java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)'

Last edited by Don Cragun; 03-14-2019 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best approach for a 10 min extract out of several log files with timestamped records

I have a task where I need to code a shell script to extract a 10 min range (10 min from now until now) extract of a log file. I taught I could simply use a command that would say something like Start=date - 10 min but I didn't find anything. Looks like the only solution would have to code a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines after the search string until blank line is found

All I want is to look for the pattern in the file...If I found it at # places... I want print lines after those pattern(line) until I find a blank line. Log EXAMPLE : MT:Exception caught The following Numbers were affected: 1234 2345 2346 Error java.lang.InternalError:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find min.max value if matching columns found using AWK

Input_ File : 2 3 4 5 1 1 0 1 2 1 -1 1 2 1 3 1 3 1 4 1 6 5 6 6 6 6 6 7 6 7 6 8 5 8 6 7 Desired output : 2 3 4 5 -1 1 4 1 6 5 6 8 5 8 6 7 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep log lines logged in 10 min

A log files has lines (1 line per each log for a majority; a few for 2 lines per each log) May 31 14:00:11 rtprodapp1 local2:notice sudo: jdoe : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/su - May 31 14:03:19 rtprodapp1 local2:notice sudo: jdoe : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get 20 lines above string found, and 35 below string

i want to search a log for a string. when that string is found, i want to grab the a set number of lines that came before the string, and a set number of lines that come after the string. so if i search for the word "Error" in the /var/log/messages file, how can I output the 20 lines that came... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Move a block of lines to file if string found in the block.

I have a "main" file which has blocks of data for each user defined by tags BEGIN and END. BEGIN ID_NUM:24879 USER:abc123 HOW:47M CMD1:xyz1 CMD2:arp2 STATE:active PROCESS:id60 END BEGIN ID_NUM:24880 USER:def123 HOW:4M CMD1:xyz1 CMD2:xyz2 STATE:running PROCESS:id64 END (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integrate MIN and MAX in a string

I need to use awk for this task ! input (fields are separated by ";"): 1%2%3%4%;AA 5%6%7%8%9;AA 1%2%3%4%5%6;BB 7%8%9%10%11%12;BBIn the 1st field there are patterns composed of numbers separated by "%". The 2nd field define groups (here two different groups called "AA" and "BB"). Records... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines with min value, using two field separators.

I have a file with two ID columns followed by five columns of counts in fraction form. I'd like to print lines that have a count of at least 4 (so at least 4 in the numerator, e.g. 4/17) in at least one of the five columns. Input file: comp51820_c1_seq1 693 0/29 0/50 0/69 0/36 0/31... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search String and extract few lines under the searched string

Need Assistance in shell programming... I have a huge file which has multiple stations and i wanted to search particular station and extract few lines from it and the rest is not needed Bold letters are the stations . The whole file has multiple stations . Below example i wanted to search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies
DP(8)                                                                [nmh-1.5]                                                               DP(8)

NAME
dp - parse dates 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/dp [-form formatfile] [-format string] [-width columns] [-version] [-help] dates ... DESCRIPTION
Dp is a program that parses dates according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many non-standard formats, such as those produced by TOPS-20 sites and some UNIX sites using ctime(3). It is useful for seeing how nmh will interpret a date. The dp program treats each argument as a single date, and prints the date out in the official 822-format. Hence, it is usually best to enclose each argument in quotes for the shell. To override the output format used by dp, the -format string or -format file switches are used. This permits individual fields of the address to be extracted with ease. The string is simply a format string and the file is simply a format file. See mh-format(5) for the details. Here is the default format string used by dp: %<(nodate{text})error: %{text}%|%(putstr(pretty{text}))%> which says that if an error was detected, print the error, a `:', and the date in error. Otherwise, output the 822-proper format of the date. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
ap(8), Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC-822) DEFAULTS
`-format' default as described above `-width' default to the width of the terminal CONTEXT
None BUGS
The argument to the -format switch must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes dp. Therefore, one must usually place the argument to this switch inside quotes. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 DP(8)