Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to identify users that have su'ed to a different account? Post 303032017 by RudiC on Saturday 9th of March 2019 02:30:49 PM
Old 03-09-2019
How about ps with the "euid" output "standard format specifier"? man ps:

Quote:
euid EUID effective user ID (alias uid).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know what users are logged in to account

hello all say im logged in to account ar root , but I can't change any thing there ( like username ) if someone is already logged in also . how can I know who is ( user name ) also connected to the user im using ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to identify logged users & commands executed

Hi All, I am trying to write a script to get the user information & the command executed. I tried something like this : w | sort | awk '{print$5$6$7}' My requirement is to identify the users who execute the same command at same time. I need the user name & the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayarajvp
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

audit user commands of different users under root account

Hi, I would like to know if there is anyway that I can pinpoint the user before/after he connects to the root? Also, I'm trying to find out what are the commands he inputs under root access. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointgetter0
6 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Private account for administration users

Hello, My DBAs are connecting to the unix servers with ORACLE account. I would like to create for each one of them a private user . Only after connecting in ther private user allow them to su -oracle . My problem is that i need to prevent them from connecting remothly with SSH as oracle user.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Please help identify these user account

Please help me identify these user accounts.. bin, lp, nuucp, smbnull, mysql, tftp Can we remove these user or disable these users?We have to apply the security policy about the user identification.Since it was settup by our vendor long time ago. We do not have these informations about these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdstkg
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

how to setup An extra account with name 'unixuser' who can have the previlege to reset other users?

Hi I want to setup an extra account with name 'unixuser' who has the previlege to reset the passwords of other users like eng or myuser (other user). Please help me.. Waiting for a reply.. Thanks, MJavalkar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Remove a given profile from a users account

Hi Guys, I was studying RBAC and I gave a profile to a user . I have not seen anywhere that shows how to remove the profile from the users account. Can anyone show me how to remove a given profile from a users account? Thanks alot guys. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies
setreuid(2)							System Calls Manual						       setreuid(2)

NAME
setreuid - Sets real and effective user IDs SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> setreuid( uid_t ruid, uid_t euid ); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: setreuid: XPG4-UNIX Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Specifies the new real user ID. Specifies the new effective user ID. DESCRIPTION
The setreuid() function sets the real and effective user IDs of the current process to the values specified by the ruid and euid parame- ters. If ruid or euid is -1, the corresponding effective or real user ID of the current process is not changed. Users may change the effective user ID to the real user ID; only processes with superuser privilege may make other changes. This task is normally done by the system's authentication program (for example, login), but is not done for system daemons. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 (zero) is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The setreuid() function sets errno to the specified values for the following conditions: The value of the ruid or euid parameter is invalid or out of range. The current process is not the superuser and a change other than changing the effective user ID to the real user ID was specified. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: getuid(2), setgid(2), setregid(2), setruid(3) Standards: standards(5) delim off setreuid(2)