Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? My Badges Page - A Major UserCP Update (v0.661): Post 303032012 by Neo on Saturday 9th of March 2019 09:58:16 AM
Old 03-09-2019
What can I say?

I am amazing! - LOL Smilie Smilie . Can write full-stack web code like a warm knife slices butter... Smilie

More cool things to come! This is only the beginning, not the end of the new features Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

How to auto update html page

is there any way to auto update html page. I created html page entry.html, whenever i change in html script i need to refresh my page. If not in html, can we do this in any other language and how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RohitKJ
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Advanced Search Page (Phase 1)

Update: I have completed the first phase of revamping the "Advanced Search" page using Bootstrap (desktop not mobile yet): https://www.unix.com/search.php https://www.unix.com/search.php I may change this to a Bootstrap modal later and change the CSS a bit more; but for now it is much... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
38 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

SEO Update: Back On Page 1 for Google SERPs (between #6 and #8)

Well, good news... Just checked a number of browsers set to the US region of Google , NCR https://www.google.com/ncr unix.com was back on the first page, between #6 and #8. Will be interesting to see if we can make it back to our highest #4 ranking in 2019. Google Webmaster Tools... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Web Development

MySQL Query to Build Mockup Vue.js UserCP Timeline Page

Here is the query (and some sample results) I plan to use to build a new timeline page in the mockup vue.js usercp I am working on. When the postid is the same as lastpostid, this means the timeline entry will be - "{{Member}} Started Discussion {{Thread Title}} at {{date and time}}" and when... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

New UserCP Landing Page (version 0.48)

There is a know bug deep in the Javascript library d3.js which causes an intermediate charting rendering bug in Vue.js. In a nutshell, when a page is reloaded the chart data is not rendered sometimes, but when the Vue.js route changes (a menu item in the UserCP is selected), it works flawlessly.... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Major Changes in New UserCP (v0.63) Prototype

Regarding the latest version of the UserCP prototype (version 0.63) I have made a lot of major changes, including Added a "Posts Timeline" table for the recent posts, complimenting the non-table version earlier, which has been moved off the main menu (link at the bottom of the table). Added a... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

New UserCP Update Profile Image Page (UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7485)

Update! UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7485 Created a new page for uploaded a profile picture (profile pictures are different than avatar pictures). https://www.unix.com/usercp/#/settings/other https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums225-picture1158.png ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
Moose::Cookbook::Snack::Keywords(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Moose::Cookbook::Snack::Keywords(3pm)

NAME
Moose::Cookbook::Snack::Keywords - Restricted "keywords" in Moose VERSION
version 2.0603 DESCRIPTION
Moose exports a number of sugar functions in order to emulate Perl built-in keywords. These can cause clashes with other user-defined functions. This document provides a list of those keywords for easy reference. The 'meta' keyword "use Moose" adds a method called "meta" to your class. If this conflicts with a method or function you are using, you can rename it, or prevent it from being installed entirely. To do this, pass the "-meta_name" option when you "use Moose". For instance: # install it under a different name use Moose -meta_name => 'moose_meta'; # don't install it at all use Moose -meta_name => undef; Moose Keywords If you are using Moose or Moose::Role it is best to avoid these keywords: extends with has before after around super override inner augment confess blessed Moose::Util::TypeConstraints Keywords If you are using Moose::Util::TypeConstraints it is best to avoid these keywords: type subtype class_type role_type maybe_type duck_type as where message optimize_as inline_as coerce from via enum find_type_constraint register_type_constraint Avoiding collisions Turning off Moose To remove the sugar functions Moose exports, just add "no Moose" at the bottom of your code: package Thing; use Moose; # code here no Moose; This will unexport the sugar functions that Moose originally exported. The same will also work for Moose::Role and Moose::Util::TypeConstraints. Sub::Exporter features Moose, Moose::Role and Moose::Util::TypeConstraints all use Sub::Exporter to handle all their exporting needs. This means that all the features that Sub::Exporter provides are also available to them. For instance, with Sub::Exporter you can rename keywords, like so: package LOL::Cat; use Moose 'has' => { -as => 'i_can_haz' }; i_can_haz 'cheeseburger' => ( is => 'rw', trigger => sub { print "NOM NOM" } ); LOL::Cat->new->cheeseburger('KTHNXBYE'); See the Sub::Exporter docs for more information. namespace::autoclean and namespace::clean You can also use namespace::autoclean to clean up your namespace. This will remove all imported functions from your namespace. Note that if you are importing functions that are intended to be used as methods (this includes overload, due to internal implementation details), it will remove these as well. Another option is to use namespace::clean directly, but you must be careful not to remove "meta" when doing so: package Foo; use Moose; use namespace::clean -except => 'meta'; # ... SEE ALSO
Moose Moose::Role Moose::Utils::TypeConstraints Sub::Exporter namespace::autoclean namespace::clean AUTHOR
Moose is maintained by the Moose Cabal, along with the help of many contributors. See "CABAL" in Moose and "CONTRIBUTORS" in Moose for details. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-28 Moose::Cookbook::Snack::Keywords(3pm)