Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX shell script required to read two columns from xml Post 303031997 by sekhar.lsb on Saturday 9th of March 2019 04:19:49 AM
Old 03-09-2019
Hello,

Here is my question
In my XML code below I need to fetch TOINSTANCETYPE, FROMINSTANCE, FROMFIELD then need create a Insert statement.
For example if TOINSTANCETYPE="Source Qualifier" then corresponding FROMINSTANCE is a source else if TOINSTANCETYPE="Target Definition" then corresponding FROMINSTANCE is a target.

My insert query looks like
Code:
insert into SQ_EPIC values( "DID", "PROJECT_NAME")
Select DID, PROJECT_NAME from EPIC

Here table / column names I need to pass it as dynamically.

Below is XML code I am using
Code:
<CONNECTOR TOINSTANCETYPE="Source Qualifier" TOINSTANCE="SQ_EPIC" TOFIELD="DID" FROMINSTANCETYPE="Source Definition" FROMINSTANCE="EPIC" FROMFIELD="DID"/>

<CONNECTOR TOINSTANCETYPE="Source Qualifier" TOINSTANCE="SQ_EPIC" TOFIELD="PROJECT_NAME" FROMINSTANCETYPE="Source Definition" FROMINSTANCE="EPIC" FROMFIELD="PROJECT_NAME"/>

<CONNECTOR TOINSTANCETYPE="Target Definition" TOINSTANCE="STAGE_EPIC" TOFIELD="DID" FROMINSTANCETYPE="Source Qualifier" FROMINSTANCE="SQ_EPIC" FROMFIELD="DID"/>

<CONNECTOR TOINSTANCETYPE="Target Definition" TOINSTANCE="STAGE_EPIC" TOFIELD="PROJECT_NAME"FROMINSTANCETYPE="Source Qualifier" FROMINSTANCE="SQ_EPIC" FROMFIELD="PROJECT_NAME"/>

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,
Sekhar Lekkala.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! You have received an warning infraction. Stick to the rules.

Last edited by RudiC; 03-09-2019 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags again (and again...).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script required to convert rows to columns

Hi Friends, I have a log file as below siteid = HYD spc = 100 rset = RS_D_M siteid = DEL spc = 200 rset = RS_K_L siteid = DEL2 spc = 210 rset = RS_D_M Now I need a output like column wise as below. siteid SPC rset HYD 100 RS_D_M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script failing to read large Xml record-urgent critical help

Hi All, I have shell script running on AIX 5.3 box. It has 7 to 8 "sed" commands piped(|) together. It has a an Xml file as its input which has many records internally. There are certain record which which have more than hundered tags.The script is taking a huge amount of time more than 1.5 hrs... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required on basic Unix Bourne Shell Script

Howdy People :), I'm a newbie & its my first question here. I've started learning Unix Bourne Shell scripting recently and struggling already :p Can someone PLEASE help me with the following problem. Somehow my script is not working. Display an initial prompt of the form: Welcome to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: methopoth
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email using shell script in UNIX, Is any environment setup required in Mac OS X ?

Hi All, I am using Mac OS X (Leopard OS). I am very new to UNIX. My requirement is that, by running a shell script, I create a log file. So I have to send a mail having that log file attached. What I tried to do is, I simply tried to check,whether this direct command works or not. So I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afreen
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to read the XML file from Website

Hi Experts, I need a unix shell script which can copy the xml file from the below pasted website and paste in in my unix directory. http://www.westpac.co.nz/olcontent/olcontent.nsf/fx.xml Thanks in Advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to read XML tags and the data within that tag

Hi unix Gurus, I am really new to Unix Scripting. Please help me to create a shell script which reads the xml file and from that i need to fetch a particular information. For example <SOURCE BUSINESSNAME ="" DATABASETYPE ="Teradata" DBDNAME ="DWPROD3" DESCRIPTION ="" NAME... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmilePlease
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to read XML file

Hi unix Gurus, I am really new to Unix Scripting. Please help me to create a shell script which reads the xml file and from that i need to fetch a particular information. For example <SOURCE BUSINESSNAME ="" DATABASETYPE ="Teradata" DBDNAME ="DWPROD3" DESCRIPTION ="" NAME... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmilePlease
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to read an xml file through shell script?

Hey , can we read an xml file and make changes in it through shell script. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Shell script to work with .xml file

Hi Team, Could you please help me on below query: I want to retrieve XML elements from one .xml file. This .xml file has commented tags as well. so i am planning to write Unix command/script which 1.will chekc for this .xml file 2. it will ignore the commented XML lines. i.e. XML tags between... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waiting4u
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read xml tags and then remove the tag using shell script

<Start> <Header> This is header section </Header> <Body> <Body_start> This is body section <a> <b> <c> <st>111</st> </c> <d> <st>blank</st> </d> </b> </a> </Body_start> <Body_section> This is body section (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
3 Replies
GNOME-XML(1)							       1.1.0							      GNOME-XML(1)

NAME
xml-config - script to get information about the installed version of GNOME-XML SYNOPSIS
xml-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--libs] [--cflags] [--version] [--help] DESCRIPTION
xml-config is a tool that is used to determine the compile and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use GNOME-XML. OPTIONS
xml-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of GNOME-XML on the standard output. Add the --static option to print the linker flags that are necessary to statically link a GNOME-XML program. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GNOME-XML program. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GNOME-XML program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that GNOME-XML was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Fredrik Hallenberg <hallon@lysator.liu.se>, for the Debian GNU/linux system (but may be used by others). Version 3 July 1999 GNOME-XML(1)