Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to find required packages needed by cairo? Post 303031925 by colt on Thursday 7th of March 2019 04:02:41 PM
Old 03-07-2019
Possibly, but all the work that I already had with the other dependencies, I really wan to to try to compile pango, especially since it might be the last remaining dependency.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Where can I find details of what various Solaris packages do?

Among varous other items, I'm trying to find out what "Authentication Management Infrastructure" (package SUNWamix) does, and why would a sysadmin disable it? The reason given is 'for security purposes' without explanation ... how and why is AMI such a 'security risk' that it has to be turned off?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muleheadjoe
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Packages running on a server

On a HP machine I used this /usr/sbin/cmviewcl But on a Sun machine what is the command to find out the packages installed on it. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Help required to install packages

Hi All, I was told to install multiple packages on my solaris server. Is it possible to install multiple packages from a directory or CD. Or I need to install one by one. Please suggest. Thanks, Deepak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX TL updates not including all packages needed

In trying to resolve my issue, I downloaded TL 11 and trying to update to it. Why the heck does not the TL fix have the required files in it? Thats another 1.+ GB download. I am also sure that when I go to install that package it will complain about rsct not being updated. MISSING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

5. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Packages required - Libaio.so.1 - Libstdc++so.6

hi guys I have to install a software that says have theses packages are required Libaio.so.1 Libstdc++so.6 are these default packages for a Suse 11 installation for instance? or do I need to download them to avoid dependency issues thanks a lot ---------- Post updated at 10:00 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

7. Solaris

[ Help needed] - VxVM pdf required

Hi, I am looking for below PDF's Veritas Storage Foundation 5.1 for UNIX - Install and configure Veritas Storage Foundation 5.1 for UNIX - Manage and Adminstrator Could someone please provide a link. I would be highly thankful to you. Best Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

8. Solaris

how to find the list of all packages present in a directory

Hi I'm in a directory named /tmp/mq7 i need to upgrade the mq version from 6 to 7 but im not sure where is the package located ? which command in solaris will show me the list of all the packages present in the directory /tmp/mq7 ? my box is running with solaris version 10. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pango 1.20 does not compile when passing Cairo or X server packages as backends

Hello. Trying to compile Pango with one or mentioned packages as backend, Cairo or X11 related packages I have been facing a series of error messages that I do not know how to fix. First with Cairo. I try to compile Pango with ./configure ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colt
1 Replies
Debian::Control::FromCPAN(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Debian::Control::FromCPAN(3pm)

NAME
Debian::Control::FromCPAN - fill debian/control from unpacked CPAN distribution SYNOPSIS
my $c = Debian::Control::FromCPAN->new(); $c->discover_dependencies( { ... } ); $c->prune_perl_deps; Debian::Control::FromCPAN inherits from L<Debian::Control>. METHODS
discover_dependencies( [ { options hash } ] ) Discovers module dependencies and fills the dependency fields in debian/control accordingly. Options: apt_contents An instance of Debian::AptContents to be used when locating to which package a required module belongs. dir The directory where the cpan distribution was unpacked. intrusive A flag indicating permission to use Module::Depends::Intrusive for discovering dependencies in case Module::Depends fails. Sinse this requires loading all Perl modules in the distribution (and running their BEGIN blocks (and the BEGIN blocks of their dependencies, recursively), it is recommended to use this only when dealing with trusted sources. require_deps If true, causes the method to die if some a package for some dependency cannot be found. Otherwise only a warning is issued. verbose wnpp_query An instance of Debian::WNPP::Query to be used when checking for WNPP bugs of depeended upon packages. Returns a list of module names for which no suitable Debian packages were found. find_debs_for_modules dep hash[, APT contents[, verbose ]] Scans the given hash of dependencies ( module => version ) and returns matching Debian package dependency specification (as an instance of Debian::Dependencies class) and a list of missing modules. Installed packages are searched first, then the APT contents, then the perl core. prune_simple_perl_dep Input: dependency object shall be a simple dependency (no alternatives) (optional) build dependency flag true value indicates the dependency is a build-time one The following checks are made dependencies on "perl-modules" These are replaced with "perl" as per Perl policy. dependencies on "perl-base" and build-dependencies on "perl" or "perl-base" These are removed, unless they specify a version greater than the one available in "oldstable" or the dependency relation is not ">=" or ">>". Return value: undef if the dependency is redundant. pruned dependency otherwise. "perl-modules" replaced with "perl". prune_perl_dep Similar to "prune_simple_perl_dep", but supports alternative dependencies. If any of the alternatives is redundant, the whole dependency is considered redundant. prune_perl_deps Remove redundant (build-)dependencies on perl, perl-modules and perl-base. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (C) 2009, 2010 Damyan Ivanov dmn@debian.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-15 Debian::Control::FromCPAN(3pm)