Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sort multidimensional Array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort multidimensional Array Post 303031893 by RudiC on Thursday 7th of March 2019 04:57:45 AM
Old 03-07-2019
Did you set the IFS variable as indicated?
Try the sort keys given with netzabudka's proposal as well.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional array in perl

i'm trying to open a file with three or more columns and an undetermined, but finite number of rows. I want to define an array for each row with each element of the row as a sub array. The columns are separated by tabs or spaces. Here's the file: 12x3.12z34b.342sd3.sds 454.23.23.232 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk multidimensional Array

Hello Experts,, Can anybody give me a brief idea what is following bold letter statement is for!! what is the term called so that I can google for it.. It seems to be an array inside another array.. awk' /TXADDR/ { txaddr=$NF } ##understood /TXDATA/ { txdata]=$NF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_prady
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK multidimensional array

In a single dim. awk array, we can use : <index> in <array name> to determine whether a particualar index exists in the array or not. Is there a way to achieve this in a awk multi dim. array ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
4 Replies

4. Programming

multidimensional array using c++ vector

Hi! I need to make dynamic multidimensional arrays using the vector class. I found in this page How to dynamically create a two dimensional array? - Microsoft: Visual C++ FAQ - Tek-Tips the way to do it in 2D, and now i'm trying to expand it to 3D but i don't understand how is the operator working,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional array in awk

Hi, I was trying to process a file with the help of awk. I want to first display all the rows that contains 01 and at the end of processing I have to print some portion of all the lines. like below. Output expected: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies

6. Programming

Multidimensional array of strings with vector.

I've been struggling with this for quite some time. I decided I should get some help with this. Nothing is working. I'm getting a segmentation fault or out of bounds error when I try to load the entries in the for loop.I'm really frustrated. :mad: Compiling isn't the problem. It's crapping out on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
5 Replies

7. Programming

Multidimensional arrays and sort.

My language is C++. I have a multidimensional vector that I would like to sort by a specific "cell" or "field" within the main vector. Does anyone have any information on how to do this? I have searched all over the internet and every reference manual I can find. So far I have found very little to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk - How to loop through multidimensional array?

I have an awk script that I am writing and I needed to make use of a multidimensional array to hold some data... Which is all fine but I need to loop through that array now and I have no idea how to do that. for a regular array, the following works: ARRAY for(var in ARRAY) { ... } ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal with multidimensional array in awk?

Hi all! I would like to know how to print $0 when using multidimensional array like below time being I am using for loop to print columns like this awk 'FNR==1{i++} {for(k=1;k<=NF;k++)A=$k} END{for(j=1;j<=25;j++) print A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A}' file1 file2 so here my problem is I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multidimensional array

I am learning about bash system variables, such as $ , @ and #. I have this piece of script implementing an array and it is doing its job just fine. This is not the only array I will be using. Just for ease of maintenance and more coding I would like to have the arrays in two dimensional... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
4 Replies
NATSORT(3)								 1								NATSORT(3)

natsort - Sort an array using a ";natural order" algorithm

SYNOPSIS
bool natsort (array &$array) DESCRIPTION
This function implements a sort algorithm that orders alphanumeric strings in the way a human being would while maintaining key/value associations. This is described as a "natural ordering". An example of the difference between this algorithm and the regular computer string sorting algorithms (used in sort(3)) can be seen in the example below. PARAMETERS
o $array - The input array. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |5.2.10 | | | | | | | Zero padded numeric strings (e.g., '00005') now | | | essentially ignore the 0 padding. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 natsort(3) examples demonstrating basic usage <?php $array1 = $array2 = array("img12.png", "img10.png", "img2.png", "img1.png"); asort($array1); echo "Standard sorting "; print_r($array1); natsort($array2); echo " Natural order sorting "; print_r($array2); ?> The above example will output: Standard sorting Array ( [3] => img1.png [1] => img10.png [0] => img12.png [2] => img2.png ) Natural order sorting Array ( [3] => img1.png [2] => img2.png [1] => img10.png [0] => img12.png ) For more information see: Martin Pool's Natural Order String Comparison page. Example #2 natsort(3) examples demonstrating potential gotchas <?php echo "Negative numbers "; $negative = array('-5','3','-2','0','-1000','9','1'); print_r($negative); natsort($negative); print_r($negative); echo "Zero padding "; $zeros = array('09', '8', '10', '009', '011', '0'); print_r($zeros); natsort($zeros); print_r($zeros); ?> The above example will output: Negative numbers Array ( [0] => -5 [1] => 3 [2] => -2 [3] => 0 [4] => -1000 [5] => 9 [6] => 1 ) Array ( [2] => -2 [0] => -5 [4] => -1000 [3] => 0 [6] => 1 [1] => 3 [5] => 9 ) Zero padding Array ( [0] => 09 [1] => 8 [2] => 10 [3] => 009 [4] => 011 [5] => 0 ) Array ( [5] => 0 [1] => 8 [3] => 009 [0] => 09 [2] => 10 [4] => 011 ) SEE ALSO
natcasesort(3), The comparison of array sorting functions, strnatcmp(3), strnatcasecmp(3). PHP Documentation Group NATSORT(3)