Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sort multidimensional Array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort multidimensional Array Post 303031889 by Marti95 on Thursday 7th of March 2019 04:32:17 AM
Old 03-07-2019
Thank you for your answers

And sorry for the few informations.
I used bash
Code:
#!/bin/bash

I have to sort this nummeric.
After sorting I want to give this out in a File
In this order
Code:
# IP - HOST1  - HOST2 - COMMENT

my problem is to find an efficent way for that.
Because i dont know the index of the array entry
It could be something between 10 and 2550

Code:
ENTRIES[INDEX,$key]

I gona try your methods for sorting the array. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional array in perl

i'm trying to open a file with three or more columns and an undetermined, but finite number of rows. I want to define an array for each row with each element of the row as a sub array. The columns are separated by tabs or spaces. Here's the file: 12x3.12z34b.342sd3.sds 454.23.23.232 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk multidimensional Array

Hello Experts,, Can anybody give me a brief idea what is following bold letter statement is for!! what is the term called so that I can google for it.. It seems to be an array inside another array.. awk' /TXADDR/ { txaddr=$NF } ##understood /TXDATA/ { txdata]=$NF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_prady
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK multidimensional array

In a single dim. awk array, we can use : <index> in <array name> to determine whether a particualar index exists in the array or not. Is there a way to achieve this in a awk multi dim. array ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
4 Replies

4. Programming

multidimensional array using c++ vector

Hi! I need to make dynamic multidimensional arrays using the vector class. I found in this page How to dynamically create a two dimensional array? - Microsoft: Visual C++ FAQ - Tek-Tips the way to do it in 2D, and now i'm trying to expand it to 3D but i don't understand how is the operator working,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional array in awk

Hi, I was trying to process a file with the help of awk. I want to first display all the rows that contains 01 and at the end of processing I have to print some portion of all the lines. like below. Output expected: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies

6. Programming

Multidimensional array of strings with vector.

I've been struggling with this for quite some time. I decided I should get some help with this. Nothing is working. I'm getting a segmentation fault or out of bounds error when I try to load the entries in the for loop.I'm really frustrated. :mad: Compiling isn't the problem. It's crapping out on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
5 Replies

7. Programming

Multidimensional arrays and sort.

My language is C++. I have a multidimensional vector that I would like to sort by a specific "cell" or "field" within the main vector. Does anyone have any information on how to do this? I have searched all over the internet and every reference manual I can find. So far I have found very little to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk - How to loop through multidimensional array?

I have an awk script that I am writing and I needed to make use of a multidimensional array to hold some data... Which is all fine but I need to loop through that array now and I have no idea how to do that. for a regular array, the following works: ARRAY for(var in ARRAY) { ... } ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal with multidimensional array in awk?

Hi all! I would like to know how to print $0 when using multidimensional array like below time being I am using for loop to print columns like this awk 'FNR==1{i++} {for(k=1;k<=NF;k++)A=$k} END{for(j=1;j<=25;j++) print A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A}' file1 file2 so here my problem is I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multidimensional array

I am learning about bash system variables, such as $ , @ and #. I have this piece of script implementing an array and it is doing its job just fine. This is not the only array I will be using. Just for ease of maintenance and more coding I would like to have the arrays in two dimensional... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)