Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers To get the id value dynamically Post 303031821 by Kumar786 on Wednesday 6th of March 2019 06:23:50 AM
Old 03-06-2019
Hi ,

I achieved the result as my own. Is there any better way to do this.

Code:
cat file.html | grep "<a href=" | head -2 |awk -F ">" '{print $2}'| awk -F "/" '{print $1}'

Thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting value from field dynamically

how i do pass in field number when cutting, I tried to do this: but it says 11-1: not found (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting the file dynamically

i am creating the file , when this file reaches the size 2 GB, i need one message or fire (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically locating a file

Hi, I have a requriement where in I need to install a s/w by executing the installable file through a script. The script currently contains the path of the installable file. I need to now update the script accordingly such tht it identifies the location of the installable file automatically and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoursdavinder
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

set array name dynamically

Hi, I am trying to name a set of arrays dynamically named as @array_$i (The $i will mean that I obtain a set of arrays called: @array_1 @array_2 @array_3 etc. i tried various methods like @array_$i @{array_$i} etc. any ways to do this Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically create arrays

I have a bash challenge. I have several virtualization hosts for which I need to collect VM information. I need to dynamically create an array for each host. The contents of the array should be the list VMs running on the host. Here's the logic; I just need someone to help me with the details:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EdgarTorres
0 Replies

6. Programming

Dynamically allocated structures in C

I have a pointer to a structure containing an integer pointer: struct members { int id; int *neigh; }; The number of members N and its neighbors M change as the code runs, so I allocate the memory dynamically: members *grid = malloc(sizeof(members)*N); for(i=0;i<N;i++)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brinch
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically choosing the interpreter

Hi, Is it possible to choose the inerpreter conditionally. For example, if whereis bash returns /usr/bin/bash then i need to choose #!/usr/bin/bash else i need to use #!/usr/bin/sh. Is it possible to achieve in a shell script? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swap of fields dynamically

Dear Friends, I have file a.txt 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8 a|b|c|d|e|f|g|h i am using the below code to swap the fields in file awk -F\| '{print $5,$1,$2,$3,$4,$6,$7,$8}' OFS=\| a.txt > output.txt output.txt 5|1|2|3|4|6|7|8 e|a|b|c|d|f|g|h The above command is working fine. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to dynamically name as function in shell?

Hi all, Does anyone know if it possible to append a parameter to a function name? Something like the following: function tnsrec_${SERVICE_NAME} { code.. } Any ideas? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
6 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Concatenation of different reports dynamically

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies