Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Concatenating sequence length to another file Post 303031770 by Ibk on Tuesday 5th of March 2019 02:42:30 PM
Old 03-05-2019
These are examples of the input sequence. Just one long sequence per file. thanks
>File_1.fa
Code:
TTGAAAGGGGGCCCGGGGGATCTCCCCCGCGGTAACTGGTCACAGTTGCCGCGGACGGAGATCATCCCCC
GGTTACCCCCTTTCGACGCGGGTACTGCGATAGTGCCACCCCAGTCCTTCCTACTCCCGACTCCCGACCC
CAACCCAGGTTCCTTGGAACAGGAACACCAATTTATTCATCCCTTGGATGCTGACTAATCAGAGGAACGT
CAGCATTTTCCGGCCCAGGCTAAGAGAAGTAGATAAGTTAGAATCTAAATTATTTATCATCCCCTTGACG
AATTCGCGTTGGAAAAGCACCTCTCACTTGCCGCTCTTCACACCCATCATTCTAATTCGGCCCCTGTGTT

>File_2.fa
Code:
GAGCCCCTTGTTGAAGTGTTTCCCTCCATCGCGACGTGGTTGGAGATCTAAGTTAACCGACTCCGACGAA
ACTACCATCATGCCTCCCCGATTATGTGATGCTTTCTGCCCTGCTGGGTGGAGCATCCTCGGGTTGAGAA
ATCTTTCTTCCTTTTACCTTGGACTCCGGTCCCCCGGTCTAAGCCGCTTGGAATAAGACAGGGTTATCTT
CACTCCTCTTCTTTTCTACTTCACAGTGTTCTATGCTGTGAAAGGGTATGTGTCGCCCCTTCCTTCTTCG

Last edited by vgersh99; 03-05-2019 at 04:51 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating values in a File

Hi All, I have a ',' delimited file and i would like concatenate a new value at a specific column. Example :- xXXX,XYZ,20071005,ABC,DEF,123 xXXX,XYZ,20071005,ABC,DEF,123 xXXX,XYZ,20071005,ABC,DEF,123 The output that i want is xXXX,XYZ,20071005001,ABC,DEF,123... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating the two lines in a file

hi My requirement is i have a file with some records like this file name ::xyz a=1 b=100,200 ,300,400 ,500,600 c=700,800 d=900 i want to change my file a=1 b=100,200,300,400 c=700,800 d=900 if record starts with " , " that line should fallows the previous line.please give... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert a tab delimited/variable length file to fixed length file

Hi, all. I need to convert a file tab delimited/variable length file in AIX to a fixed lenght file delimited by spaces. This is the input file: 10200002<tab>US$ COM<tab>16/12/2008<tab>2,3775<tab>2,3783 19300978<tab>EURO<tab>16/12/2008<tab>3,28523<tab>3,28657 And this is the expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Everton_Silveir
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating File and String for Sendmail

I want o add a variable in addition to a file which will be send with sendmail. I have problems to find the correct syntax for concatenating this variable called $MyVariable. sendmail mai@domain.com </tmp/errormessage.txt $MyVariable] Thanks for your help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: high5
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating fixed length lines in shell script

I have a peculiar file with record format like given below. Each line is wrapped to next lines after certain number of characters. I want to concatenate all wrapped lines into 1. Input:(wrapped after 10 columns) This is li ne1 This is li ne2 and this line is too lo ng Shortline ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanyam
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat file-make field length equal to header length

Hello Everyone, I am stuck with one issue while working on abstract flat file which i have to use as input and load data to table. Input Data- ------ ------------------------ ---- ----------------- WFI001 Xxxxxx Control Work Item A Number of Records ------ ------------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali.s.more
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating 3 files into a single file

I have 3 files File1 C1 C2 c3 File 2 C1 c2 c3 File 3 C1 c2 c3 Now i want to have File1 as C1 c2 c3 I File2 as C1 c2 c3 O File3 as c1 c2 c3 D and these 3 files should be concatenated into a single file how can it be done in unix script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ConCATenating binaries but excluding last bytes from each file

Hi there, shameful Linux Newbie here :p I was wondering if you could help with my problem... I have plenty of files I'd like to concatenate. I know how to basically use cat command but that won't be enough from what I need : excluding the last xx bytes from files before assembling since there's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grolido
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)