Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Concatenating sequence length to another file Post 303031769 by RudiC on Tuesday 5th of March 2019 02:20:24 PM
Old 03-05-2019
Please post input file samples. How do you calculate the "sequence length"? Is there one or more of them per file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating values in a File

Hi All, I have a ',' delimited file and i would like concatenate a new value at a specific column. Example :- xXXX,XYZ,20071005,ABC,DEF,123 xXXX,XYZ,20071005,ABC,DEF,123 xXXX,XYZ,20071005,ABC,DEF,123 The output that i want is xXXX,XYZ,20071005001,ABC,DEF,123... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating the two lines in a file

hi My requirement is i have a file with some records like this file name ::xyz a=1 b=100,200 ,300,400 ,500,600 c=700,800 d=900 i want to change my file a=1 b=100,200,300,400 c=700,800 d=900 if record starts with " , " that line should fallows the previous line.please give... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert a tab delimited/variable length file to fixed length file

Hi, all. I need to convert a file tab delimited/variable length file in AIX to a fixed lenght file delimited by spaces. This is the input file: 10200002<tab>US$ COM<tab>16/12/2008<tab>2,3775<tab>2,3783 19300978<tab>EURO<tab>16/12/2008<tab>3,28523<tab>3,28657 And this is the expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Everton_Silveir
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating File and String for Sendmail

I want o add a variable in addition to a file which will be send with sendmail. I have problems to find the correct syntax for concatenating this variable called $MyVariable. sendmail mai@domain.com </tmp/errormessage.txt $MyVariable] Thanks for your help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: high5
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating fixed length lines in shell script

I have a peculiar file with record format like given below. Each line is wrapped to next lines after certain number of characters. I want to concatenate all wrapped lines into 1. Input:(wrapped after 10 columns) This is li ne1 This is li ne2 and this line is too lo ng Shortline ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanyam
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat file-make field length equal to header length

Hello Everyone, I am stuck with one issue while working on abstract flat file which i have to use as input and load data to table. Input Data- ------ ------------------------ ---- ----------------- WFI001 Xxxxxx Control Work Item A Number of Records ------ ------------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali.s.more
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating 3 files into a single file

I have 3 files File1 C1 C2 c3 File 2 C1 c2 c3 File 3 C1 c2 c3 Now i want to have File1 as C1 c2 c3 I File2 as C1 c2 c3 O File3 as c1 c2 c3 D and these 3 files should be concatenated into a single file how can it be done in unix script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ConCATenating binaries but excluding last bytes from each file

Hi there, shameful Linux Newbie here :p I was wondering if you could help with my problem... I have plenty of files I'd like to concatenate. I know how to basically use cat command but that won't be enough from what I need : excluding the last xx bytes from files before assembling since there's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grolido
4 Replies
adjmsg(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						adjmsg(9F)

NAME
adjmsg - trim bytes from a message SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> int adjmsg(mblk_t *mp, ssize_t len); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
mp Pointer to the message to be trimmed. len The number of bytes to be removed. DESCRIPTION
The adjmsg() function removes bytes from a message. |len| (the absolute value of len) specifies the number of bytes to be removed. The adjmsg() function only trims bytes across message blocks of the same type. The adjmsg() function finds the maximal leading sequence of message blocks of the same type as that of mp and starts removing bytes either from the head of that sequence or from the tail of that sequence. If len is greater than 0, adjmsg() removes bytes from the start of the first message block in that sequence. If len is less than 0, it removes bytes from the end of the last message block in that sequence. The adjmsg() function fails if |len| is greater than the number of bytes in the maximal leading sequence it finds. The adjmsg() function may remove any except the first zero-length message block created during adjusting. It may also remove any zero- length message blocks that occur within the scope of |len|. RETURN VALUES
The adjmsg() function returns: 1 Successful completion. 0 An error occurred. CONTEXT
The adjmsg() function can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.10 20 Nov 1996 adjmsg(9F)