Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wildcard with xdotool
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Wildcard with xdotool Post 303031718 by Don Cragun on Monday 4th of March 2019 10:54:04 PM
Old 03-04-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew77
You did not pay very good attention to my post.

-- The window id for the particular popup window is different each time, so this scripts often does not work.

So your 2 question are not relevant.
Presumably, according to you, those tools give you output that contains the window IDs you want. If that isn't relevant to getting the results you want, I have no idea how we can help you.

If you're unwilling to show us sample output produced by those commands, we have no way of knowing what the format of the output produced by those commands might be.

If you are just going to dismiss our questions as an unreasonable waste of your time, then any attempt on our part to help you is a waste of our time.

I'm am sorry that I wasted your time trying to help you. I won't make that mistake again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done?

I'm trying to figure out how to build a small shell script that will find old .shtml files in every /tgp/ directory on the server and delete them if they are older than 10 days... The structure of the paths are like this: /home/domains/www.domain2.com/tgp/ /home/domains/www.domain3.com/tgp/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wildcard

what will the cmd below do? ls *.3 1 members mentions that to seek all permutations and combinations of the mp3 extension ill have to use curly braces, {} and not, . what then will do? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard

Hi, I have this code to search all "cif" files using wildcard for file in *.cif do grep "Uiso" $file | awk '{ print $3, $4, $5 }' > tet done I get this error "grep: *.cif: No such file or directory" Please where am I going wrong!!! Thank you in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: princessotes
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wildcard help

Can someone please explain the wildcards in this. How is this recursive? When I put this in my terminal it recursively displayed everything. ls .* * (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use wildcard * in if?

Hi, Can anyone help me how to use * in if statement. File contains below line1:a|b|c|Apple-RED| line2:c|d|e|Apple-Green| line3:f|g|h|Orange| I need to find line by line 4th field contains 'Apple' or not. Please help me at the earliest. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard help!!

i have got heaps of files (.pdf, .txt and .doc) files in one folder, i am making a program in PERL that helps me find the files i want easier using shell wildcard, something like this!! print "Enter a pattern: (must be in )"; $input = <STDIN>; if (The input is in and valid wildcard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Wildcard

Hello, I apologize for asking what is probably a simple question but I have been unable to understand the other posts on the topic. I have a file that has the following several lines: ABC DEF GH:IJKLMNOP_QRS_TUV_11112012_ABCL5 ABC DEF GH:IJKLMNOP_QRS_TUV_11112013_ABCL4 ABC DEF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MolecularToast
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard in ls

Hi Experts, I want to use ls in the below form: ls -l *.{txt,TXT} (working fine) but when i am declaring a variable, VAR="*.{txt,TXT}" ls -l $VAR is not working. Please help. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugarcane
4 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Help with wildcard

CD_numb is AM017 this code: set the_Firstcom_CD to (do shell script "ls -d '/volumes/audioNAS/Firstcom/Access Music/' ") & CD_numb gives me this: "/volumes/audioNAS/Firstcom/Access Music/AM017" the item I am looking for is AM017Q. I can get the "*" syntax right so it never finder... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrady
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with xdotool and XOJO

I am trying to place and size a window on Mac using XOJO as my coding app. I am NOT in Terminal. Needs to be run as a shell I guess, but I don't know how to get the variable or set the variable. Here is a line of code that opens a folder: Dim sh As New Shell() sh.Execute("open... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbrady
1 Replies
CLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							  CLOCK(1)

NAME
clock - display the time in an icon or window SYNOPSIS
clock AVAILABILITY
This command is available with the OpenWindows environment. For information about installing OpenWindows, refer to the OpenWindows Instal- lation and Start-Up Guide. DESCRIPTION
clock is an OpenWindows XView utility that displays the current time in a window or icon. When the window is open, clock can display the time in either analog or digital format. The clock window is scalable in either format. USAGE
When the clock window is open, it has a floating menu from which you can bring up a property window. From this property sheet, you can modify the display of the tool by selecting either the Analog or Digital choice box. Seconds: On the analog version, this selection starts a second hand on the face of the clock. On the digital version, it adds two dig- its to the digital readout. Date: Turns on a date display for both analog and digital versions of clock. BUGS
If you reset the system time, clock will not reflect the new time until you change its window state from open to icon, or vice versa. To reset the system time, see date (1V). The date display does not go well with the round clock face. Occasionally, when clock is uncovered, the face will be visually corrupted. Use the Refresh button from the frame menu to repair. 11 June 1990 CLOCK(1)