Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Odd behavior from GDB while trying to cross-debug an embedded Linux application. Post 303031690 by Circuits on Monday 4th of March 2019 10:34:51 AM
Old 03-04-2019
@Corona688 I reproduced the error without making any changes to the code to be sure that the changes I was making weren't effecting anything. I now believe the error to be a communications error with gdb-server on the embedded side. Gdb-server was installed onto the embedded target something like 5 or 6 years ago while gdb-multiarch is brand new.
This User Gave Thanks to Circuits For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Odd .sh behavior in script

Hello, I have been working on a what I thought was a fairly simple script for installing a software kit on Linux and Unix I am not new to scripting but am far from being fluent in sh scripting. any assistance would be appreciated. I have an odd bug occuring when executing the script. When... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Odd storage behavior

Hi, We have some troubles with our HP server (rx4640) running HP-UX 11.31. The server is attached to a JBod cabinet. If the JBod cabinet is powered on and we power on the server after then HP-UX can't find the devices (disks) at the cabinet. Does not help to run an ioscan -fnC disk. But if I power... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoff
3 Replies

3. Programming

gdb: how to debug an executable file with a few command line papameters

If an executalbe file has several parameters, gdb can not pass parameters correctly. Let us see: run: ./executablefile1 agr1 arg2 arg3 debug: gdb executablefile1 run executalbefile1 arg1 arg2 arg3 then argv : executablefile1 argv : executablefile argv : arg1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
3 Replies

4. Programming

gdb: problem while debug an executable file

I created one file (test.cpp)and complied it and get the executable file(test) and run it.It is giving the out put but when I am trying to debug that executable.I am getting the error -- please tell me the solutions?? Thanks in advance ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

a question about debug using gdb(/lib32/libc.so.6: No such file or directory)

Hi all, (gdb) target remote 192.168.185.196:1389 Remote debugging using 192.168.185.196:1389 warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function. GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers and track explicitly loaded dynamic code. 0x2fbd0800 in ?? () (gdb) l 1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

6. Programming

Debug two process Using GDB

Hi All I know How to attach a process to beubg it .But for my application I am using client as well server.Both are two separate process .Suppose I need to debug both .How to attach both of them together .Or I have to attach them separetly . Suppose client process id is 1325 and server is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
2 Replies

7. Programming

Can't debug: assert error with gdb (no problem without)

I'm sorry if the title is really criptic, but I don't know how to phrase my problem. I know I can't really ask for a solution, and I normally wouldn't but this is really escaping my abilities. Antefacts. I developed a program using the zeromq messaging library. I got to a point where the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
11 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Odd behavior from passwd.

Hi Folks, Before I go off and start checking I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this behaviour before. # passwd e825390 Changing password for user e825390. New password: Retype new password: Retype new password: passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully. As you can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
Devel::GDB::LowLevel(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Devel::GDB::LowLevel(3pm)

NAME
Devel::GDB::LowLevel - Low-level interface for communicating with GDB DESCRIPTION
This module is used internally by Devel::GDB. It handles the low-level I/O of communicating with the GDB process. CONSTRUCTOR
new Spawns a GDB process. Because this class only facilitates communication with GDB (not with the inferior process being debugged), you have to decide what to do with the "STDIN", "STDOUT", and "STDERR" of that process. There are a few options available: * If STDIN is a tty, we can have the inferior process communicate directly with the controlling tty (emulating the default behavior of gdb): $gdb = new Devel::GDB::LowLevel( '-execfile' => $path_to_gdb, '-params' => $extra_gdb_params ); * Or, we can create an "Expect" object to communicate with the inferior process: $gdb = new Devel::GDB::LowLevel( '-create-expect' => 1 ); $expect = $gdb->get_expect_obj(); * Or, we can create our own tty and use that: $gdb = new Devel::GDB::LowLevel( '-use-tty' => '/dev/pts/123' ); METHODS
send Sends a raw line of text to GDB. This should not contain any newlines (they will be stripped). This method only sends a request, and does not wait for a response. get_reader Returns the file handle from which to read GDB responses. get_expect_obj Returns the "Expect" object created in the constructor. Dies if '-create-expect' was not passed to "new". interrupt Send SIGINT to the GDB session, interrupting the inferior process (if any). SEE ALSO
IPC::Open2 AUTHORS
Antal Novak <afn@cpan.org>, Josef Ezra <jezra@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2007 by Antal Novak & Josef Ezra This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.8.8 2008-02-03 Devel::GDB::LowLevel(3pm)