Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simulate enter key
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simulate enter key Post 303031689 by Corona688 on Monday 4th of March 2019 10:29:26 AM
Old 03-04-2019
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Posting "Does not work" without explanation does not help you or anyone. If a command does not work for you, please show the exact circumstances you used it, and the exact error or malfunction you received. Do not paraphrase errors, or post the text as links, images, or attachments if you can avoid it: Paste the exact message, in code tags, like [code] text [/code] or by selecting the text and using the Image button.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

In what way does it not work on boot? What exactly did you do? What ran the code? Was everything in PATH? etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read the ENTER key

Hi , I do the following : ]echo "Do you want to say yes or no ?(y/n):\c" read ans here 'n' is the default value.that means if the user press ENTER key then it should be 'n' . Now how do i know that the user has pressed ENTER key.What will be stored in my variable 'ans'. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pressing backspace key simulates enter key

Hi, Whenever i press the backspace key, a new line appears, i.e. it works like a enter key. :confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

using enter key in shell script

without pressing the enter key ..manually... how can we read the enter key ..from the shell script..so that the script termintes automatically. eg: telnet a.b.c.d xxxx now " how to read the enter key" tho terminate the script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

trap signal for enter key

hi , What is the trap signal for "ENTER key"? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simulate ENTER key in ksh scripting

Using SCO 5, Ksh here I am trying to automate some process that i am doing manually. During some point of time, I will have to press enter to clear away some messages. This is how I do manually. *one command* r r r r r I enter the command once, then press enter key 1 more... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaos83_2000
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find entering ENTER key?.

Hello All, i have a script to get input from the user like bellow, read -p "Do you want to continue (y/n) : " status i want to identify the pressing of Enter Key with out giving any value for the above statement and i want get the status if we press Enter key during run time. How to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

enter key solaris

Hi, When I run script on Sun Solaris (sassetup), it prompts to "Press Enter To Continue". Now I want to automate this, ie put sassetup in a script file. So, when I run this file, it should be executed automatically without waiting for anyone to press Enter Key. I have tried the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajjunaqvi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to issue ctrl+D and enter key

My problem is that i have to connect Linux server. I can connect it with SSH but because of the software of the Linux server, i need to press enter and after ctrl+D. Therefore, I need to write a script that should press enter and ctrl+D. How can i write it in KSH shell script. HELP ME! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disable Enter key to be pressed

Hi Experts, I have a script in which I want to disable the "Enter" key press. Actually my script executes some process in background. So, till that background process is running, I don't want "Enter" key to be pressed by user. Is this can be achieved using trap command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: R0H0N
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto ENTER key on TERM

I'm working in a UNIX box that's owned by a vendor. They have it set up by State, meaning when I need to program script related to certain States, I type in, for example, "CA", it goes to a whole other terminal: ddqsw:pts/2:login miller CA TERM = ( vt100 ) When I do this I have to hit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
7 Replies
trans(1int)															       trans(1int)

Name
       trans - translation tool for use with source message catalogs

Syntax
       trans [ -c ] [ -o name ] file.msf

Description
       The command assists in the translation of source message catalogs.  The command reads input from file.msf and writes its output to either a
       file named or a file you name on the command line.  The command displays file.msf in a multiple window screen that lets you  simultaneously
       see  the  original message, the translated text you enter, and any messages from the command.  This multiple window screen is easier to use
       for translating messages than a single window screen.

The top window in the multiple window screen displays the text in the message source file file.msf.  The editor displays the  current  mes-
       sage in reverse video.

In  the	center window, displays a prompt that asks you to enter a translated message.  You use a control key editor to move the cursor and
       delete text in the center window.  The control key sequences are defined as follows:

------------------------------------------
       Key Sequence   Meaning
       CTRL/k	      Display control key help
       CTRL/h	      Back space
       CTRL/l	      Forward space
       CTRL/w	      Back word
       CTRL/f	      Forward word
       CTRL/e	      Move to end of input
       CTRL/b	      Move to beginning of input
       CTRL/n	      Next line
       CTRL/p	      Previous line
       CTRL/u	      Delete input
       CTRL/i	      Insert mode (default)
       CTRL/r	      Replace mode
       DEL	      Delete previous character

If you need to span more than one line with the translated text, type a backslash () and press the RETURN key to enable line continuation.
       After you finish entering the translated text, press the RETURN key to signal that you have finished translating that message.

The  bottom  window  displays  any messages generated by If an error occurs, prompts you to re-enter the entire line, including the message
       label or number.

Options
       -c   Display comment lines beginning with a dollar sign ($) for translation, in addition to messages.

-o   Call the output file name.	The default is output file name is

Restrictions
       Your terminal must be 80 columns by 24 lines for to display its three-window screen.

You cannot interrupt a session and restart it at the point you stopped. You must complete the all the changes to a file	before	exiting  a
       file.

See Also
       intro(3int), extract(1int), gencat(1int), strextract(1int), strmerge(1int)
       Guide to Developing International Software

trans(1int)