Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script Works But Need It to Exit Upon Closing Program Post 303031645 by RudiC on Sunday 3rd of March 2019 04:04:18 PM
Old 03-03-2019
Welcome to the forum.

One option would be to create a wrapper script that, when launched / clicked,

- puts above loop into background, keeping its PID
- runs chrome in foreground until closed
- (softly) kills the PID.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line works in solo but not in program?

Now I am just getting frustrated and confused... if anyone has some advice on how this anomoly is occurring I would greatly appreciate it. cat helpme.txt | awk 'NR<5{printf("%-20s %-20d %-20d %-20.1f\n","hello",$1,$2,$3)}' | sort -rk4 This line works fine in solo - reads the three fields from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

EXIT from a Program not from the function..

Hi, I want a command in unix shell script which will exit my whole program, not only from the function it's using. For e.g: $1 == "m_who" && $4 == "Extrnl Vendor" { print "You don have access" exit (0); } If this error is showing on the screen, then nothing should not... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronix007
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal is closing on exit in ksh

hi while executing the following script, my terminal window is getting closed if I enter a invalid option. I want the script should go back the the command prompt. how to do achive it. i execute the script as . ./test #! /usr/bin/ksh Printf " Type of Installer : \n\t\t 1. Whole Build... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Graphical program no longer works after Solaris 10 upgrade

This is a fairly complex issue. I do not have a lot of knowledge on X11. But here are the things. I am running a program called Synergy off a Solaris server. The server sits in a remote network and can be accessed via NAT. Using Putty, I will enable X11 forwarding and launch Synergy via Putty.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux:Program exit with displaying a print feature

hi All I have a scritp running which connects to a local host and then gets a value from a field and then ftp that value to antoher server. It is running fine, and from crontab it gives the output to a file, the problem is sometime it doesnt run but if i check the output file it does not show one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran721
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I dont want to exit the program by ctrl + c

Hey , guys I am new to shell programing ,, so need a help from you guys ... I have to write a shell script that accepts file name or directory name from the user if it is a directory then throw an error if it is a file then give the user two options . 1.overwrite the content 2.append the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolashu
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C-program works fine interactively, but not on the SGE server

Greetings, I have a C-program that is made to implement a hidden Markov model on an input file. The program is very memory intensive. I've installed it on my local server where I have an account and it compiles fine. The way they have the server set up is that you can either work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script opening and closing a program

REALLY new to this stuff, sorry. So I want a shell script to open a program, wait 45 minutes, close it, and then do it all again. I want to do this because I am running an iMacros Script for a long period of time and if Firefox is not constantly restarted, memory leaks start to happen. Anyway... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: plsbbg
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to understand how the line in perl program works as shell commend

I have a file with two line, one is header, the other actual value: TYPCD|ETID2|ETID|LEG ID|PTYP|PTYP SUB|TRD STATUS|CXL REASON|CACT|CACTNM|ENCD|ENC D NM|TRDR|ASDT|TRDT|MTDT|STDT|LS|SECID|SECID TYP|SECNM|PAR|STCC|MARKET PRICE|DIS MARKET PRICE|MARKET PRICE CURRENCY|SRC OF SETTLEMENT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script and open program via other user

Hello all.. so i have a problem i need to solve .. #! /bin/bash $SHELL dtterm -title my_prog -e su -user -c 'export DISPLAY=:0.0 ; /path/to/my/prog' & 2> /dev/null $SHELL intr exit This script will work on solaris 10 system in right clikt menu - in a secure system so i need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: defs
0 Replies
HOSTAPD(8)							      hostapd								HOSTAPD(8)

NAME
hostapd - IEEE 802.11 AP, IEEE 802.1X/WPA/WPA2/EAP/RADIUS Authenticator SYNOPSIS
hostapd [-hdBKtv] [-P <PID file>] <configuration file(s)> DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the hostapd daemon. hostapd is a user space daemon for access point and authentication servers. It implements IEEE 802.11 access point management, IEEE 802.1X/WPA/WPA2/EAP Authenticators and RADIUS authentication server. The current version supports Linux (Host AP, madwifi, mac80211-based drivers) and FreeBSD (net80211). hostapd is designed to be a "daemon" program that runs in the background and acts as the backend component controlling authentication. hostapd supports separate frontend programs and an example text-based frontend, hostapd_cli, is included with hostapd. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, run hostapd from the command line. -h Show usage. -d Show more debug messages. -dd Show even more debug messages. -B Run daemon in the background. -P <PID file> Path to PID file. -K Include key data in debug messages. -t Include timestamps in some debug messages. -v Show hostapd version. SEE ALSO
hostapd_cli(1). AUTHOR
hostapd was written by Jouni Malinen <j@w1.fi>. This manual page was written by Faidon Liambotis <faidon@cube.gr>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). hostapd April 7, 2005 HOSTAPD(8)