Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers CentOs server generating several alarms on partition /proc/ Post 303031641 by Yagami_Sama on Sunday 3rd of March 2019 11:31:00 AM
Old 03-03-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
So why is your Zabbix configuration monitoring disk space on the proc filesystem?

If I were you, I would immediately go into the Zabbix configuration and disable monitoring for the proc file system.

You should not be monitoring /proc with the same Zabbix tools used to monitor a normal filesystem. When you stop monitoring the /proc filesystem like it is a regular filesystem, those alarms with go away.
Thanks for replying !

Zabbix, monitores all mounted partition, for that reason it is generating alarms like that. Because somehow those /proc partition are been mounted and looks like that myspell thing is trying to write on /proc;Or is alarming because is not possible to write there.

Since I find the issue I suspend this from the monitoring.

The other guys are planning to reinstall the OS, and in order to avoid this I was trying to find a way to remove those entries from /proc/self/mounts or a way to prevent this.

Thanks again !

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem in generating codes in solaris server!!

I have a solaris server having oracle and oracle apps running ! When some one attempts to generate a code, they click a link on the web interface which runs an rsh script from a computer called Helpdesk onto my solaris server and what happens is the web interface show an error message saying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartestVEGA
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in script to automate the daily monitoring process of UNIX server and it's proc

hi friends, I am trying to automate the daily monitoring process of UNIX server and it's processes. the script are below i executed the above script using ksh -x monitortest1.sh in root login . It shows error at some lines . 1. i logged in using root ,but it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

_/proc/stat vs /proc/uptime

Hi, I am trying to calculate the CPU Usage by getting the difference between the idle time reported by /proc/stat at 2 different intervals. Now the 4th entry in the first line of /proc/stat will give me the 'idle time'. But I also came across /proc/uptime that gives me 2 entries : 1st one as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coderd
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail server in centos!!

Hi all!! 1. I am totally new to Mail server but now in our management decided to run own mail server, still now we are running our mail server using godaddy!! if we transfer all mail accounts to here means what are the steps i need to do?? 2. I have basic idea in postfix , which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

5. Linux

Moving Whole OS Centos Server

I currently have a web server its on a small harddrive I didn't know my site would grow so fast but now I need a bigger hard drive. Instead of adding another harddrive (host charge monthly of how many hard drives connected to server) is there anyway to just move the whole os to a bigger hard drive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating server and client certificates

Hi, I am currently in the process of implementing port based authentication(802.1x) in my home network through radius(FreeRadius). I want all my clients to use a certificate for authenticating (eap-tls) However openssl's massive amount of configuration options has me a bit confused. And... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: regexp
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Building LAMP server from scratch (build a server with compiled LAMP from CentOS mini)

Hello everyone, I would like to setup a lamp server from a minimal distro and to compile PHP, MySQL and Apache myself. I have chosen CentOS minimal for the OS and I am trying to build the stack by hand... But well, it appears I need some help! First: I am looking for good and recent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

FreeBSD vs CentOS as server

I have a HP Proliant server with centOS. This is the software that I run: - SSH + SFTP - NGINX - PHP7 - Bitcoind - MYSQL Would you recommend FreeBSD or CentOS for this software. Also how hard is it to set this up with FreeBSD compaired to CentOS? I never used FreeBSD before, is it hard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwz104
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Build NFS Server on CentOS

Dear All, I'm using AWS EC2 instance for my application. My application is high disk I/O based and EFS could not be used in my case. So, i need to build my own NFS server on Ec2 instance. I'm looking for High availability solution for my disk which i shared for NFS. Looking for builtin... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bala
5 Replies
PARTITION(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      PARTITION(8)

NAME
partition - make a partition table SYNOPSIS
partition [-mf] device [type:]size[+*] ... DESCRIPTION
Partition makes a partition table on device using the types and sizes given. It may be used in combination with repartition(8) for auto- matic installation of Minix. You may give up to four type:size[+*] specifications for the partitions. You may also specify holes before, between, and after the parti- tions. A hole differs from a partition specification by not having a type. The first hole is by default 1 sector to make space for the primary bootstrap and the partition table. The other holes are 0. The type field is the type of the partitition in hexadecimal. The size field is the partition's size in sectors. The + or * may option- ally be added to indicate that the partition must be expanded to contain any leftover space on the device or to mark the partition active. Partitions are padded out to cylinder boundaries, except for the first one, it starts on track 1. Some operating systems care about this. Minix and MS-DOS do not. OPTIONS
-m Minix only, no need to pad partitions. This is the default for subpartition tables. -f Force making a partition table even if the device is too small. EXAMPLE
partition /dev/hd0 01:16384 81:40000 81:2880* 06:20000+ Partitions disk 0 into an 8 Mb DOS partition, 20 Mb Minix /usr, 1.44 Mb Minix / (active), and a DOS partition of at least 10 Mb at the end of the disk. (06:0+ would have been ok too, it's just a sanity check.) SEE ALSO
hd(4), part(8), repartition(8). AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) PARTITION(8)