Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers CentOs server generating several alarms on partition /proc/ Post 303031613 by Neo on Saturday 2nd of March 2019 10:51:17 PM
Old 03-02-2019
The application is mapping information in the proc filesystem to the application so the application can use interact with the information in the proc filesystem.

In your original post, you said:

Quote:
I am getting a lot of alarms complaining that the partition for example /proc/12345 , is full, but the partition does not exist on the server. Which is not supposed to happen, because /proc is not a real FileSystem.
You should post the exact error message or alarm.

/proc/12345 maps to a process.

If that process is not available because the process is dead or is throwing an error, then the system will be in an error state, of course.

However, if you do not actually post the exact error message, cut-and-paste in full, you are not really providing the necessary information to get expert help.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem in generating codes in solaris server!!

I have a solaris server having oracle and oracle apps running ! When some one attempts to generate a code, they click a link on the web interface which runs an rsh script from a computer called Helpdesk onto my solaris server and what happens is the web interface show an error message saying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartestVEGA
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in script to automate the daily monitoring process of UNIX server and it's proc

hi friends, I am trying to automate the daily monitoring process of UNIX server and it's processes. the script are below i executed the above script using ksh -x monitortest1.sh in root login . It shows error at some lines . 1. i logged in using root ,but it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

_/proc/stat vs /proc/uptime

Hi, I am trying to calculate the CPU Usage by getting the difference between the idle time reported by /proc/stat at 2 different intervals. Now the 4th entry in the first line of /proc/stat will give me the 'idle time'. But I also came across /proc/uptime that gives me 2 entries : 1st one as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coderd
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail server in centos!!

Hi all!! 1. I am totally new to Mail server but now in our management decided to run own mail server, still now we are running our mail server using godaddy!! if we transfer all mail accounts to here means what are the steps i need to do?? 2. I have basic idea in postfix , which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

5. Linux

Moving Whole OS Centos Server

I currently have a web server its on a small harddrive I didn't know my site would grow so fast but now I need a bigger hard drive. Instead of adding another harddrive (host charge monthly of how many hard drives connected to server) is there anyway to just move the whole os to a bigger hard drive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating server and client certificates

Hi, I am currently in the process of implementing port based authentication(802.1x) in my home network through radius(FreeRadius). I want all my clients to use a certificate for authenticating (eap-tls) However openssl's massive amount of configuration options has me a bit confused. And... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: regexp
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Building LAMP server from scratch (build a server with compiled LAMP from CentOS mini)

Hello everyone, I would like to setup a lamp server from a minimal distro and to compile PHP, MySQL and Apache myself. I have chosen CentOS minimal for the OS and I am trying to build the stack by hand... But well, it appears I need some help! First: I am looking for good and recent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

FreeBSD vs CentOS as server

I have a HP Proliant server with centOS. This is the software that I run: - SSH + SFTP - NGINX - PHP7 - Bitcoind - MYSQL Would you recommend FreeBSD or CentOS for this software. Also how hard is it to set this up with FreeBSD compaired to CentOS? I never used FreeBSD before, is it hard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwz104
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Build NFS Server on CentOS

Dear All, I'm using AWS EC2 instance for my application. My application is high disk I/O based and EFS could not be used in my case. So, i need to build my own NFS server on Ec2 instance. I'm looking for High availability solution for my disk which i shared for NFS. Looking for builtin... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bala
5 Replies
ADDPART(8)                                                     System Administration                                                    ADDPART(8)

NAME
addpart - tell the kernel about the existence of a partition SYNOPSIS
addpart device partition start length DESCRIPTION
addpart tells the Linux kernel about the existence of the specified partition. The command is a simple wrapper around the "add partition" ioctl. This command doesn't manipulate partitions on a block device. PARAMETERS
device The disk device. partition The partition number. start The beginning of the partition (in 512-byte sectors). length The length of the partition (in 512-byte sectors). SEE ALSO
delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The addpart command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux January 2015 ADDPART(8)