Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to change pset.size value in processor set in Solaris zone? Post 303031605 by Don Cragun on Saturday 2nd of March 2019 06:20:46 PM
Old 03-02-2019
I never did much with pools, but if a pool has a maximum number of processors I don't see how any single zone can get that number of processors assigned to it unless no other zones are present?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to set passward for solaris zone?

hi , how i can set passward for solaris zone.. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahir23
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to find memory size on solaris zone

Guys, How to find memory size on solaris zone? We have total 16 GB and have 3 zone, but not sure how to find memory size for each zone? Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Modify pset size

I 'm unable to modify pset size configuration. # poolcfg -c 'modify pset pset-app (uint pset.size = 16 )' poolcfg: put property pset.size failed: Bad parameter supplied (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to set VI editor column size on Solaris?

I am setting the size using "stty columns 120" . But I still get the prompt saying "terminal too wide " when I am in vi. is there any time limit for this setting? how to set the column size to 120 permanently? Thanks in advance, Devi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvkdevi
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to Destroy a processor set i.e pset

First of all I'm new to solaris. Today is the first day i'm practicing zones. In global zone i have created a two separate pools of 2CPU's and created a email-zone and a web-zone as given in a PDF. I deleted the 2 zones in the processor sets. How can i destroy the processor set and i want my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: breaker64
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 + cant change filesystem size

Installing Solaris 8 on Ultra Enterprise 450. No option to increase default filesystem sizes. Tried partitioning the disk before running install, but install goes back to small root fs default. ? ... Also ... how do i image-copy this disk onto a spare that I have ( before I break the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthonyvbyrne
4 Replies

7. Solaris

zone and global zone Ip change

Hi I have a global zone server with 4 difrent zones servers on it . I need to change all the Ip's for the global zone server and for his 4 zones servers . the change is a totaly diffrent Ip address on a diffrent range so I think I will need to do some changes on the defaultrouter and maybe... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaife72
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Increase /tmp file system size dynamically in Solaris zone

Hi Please let me know how to increase the size of /tmp file system from 512m to 1024m dynamically without reboot in solaris zone # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on zones/zone1 11G 1.0G 10.0G 10% / /dev 11G 1.0G ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
6 Replies