Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Are the brains of the UNIXoid working correctly? Post 303031579 by nezabudka on Saturday 2nd of March 2019 05:44:15 AM
Old 03-02-2019
Thanks to @Corona688 and @bacunin and everyone who was interesting. To top it all I want to add.
This is a side effect, so to speak, but it may be equally useful.
I tried to learn English from fiction books, but this is a very tedious thing. Because a lot of incomprehensible. Difficult speech turns, tenses of verbs, etc. I was looking for such a lite book and without ambiguity. Haskell is in itself an interesting language and therefore I read this book and learn English with great pleasure. Anyone who needs to tighten up English I advise you to download the book "Haskell_eBook_Reader.pdf"
Well, or maybe this approach in relation to something either seems interesting.
This User Gave Thanks to nezabudka For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script not working correctly

I have a simple script that I want to run every 30 minutes but only when I execute it. I don't want it to be a crontab job. so i have for example date ls -l who sleep 1800 The first time it executes correctly but after the first time it nevers execute back again. It should execute after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elchalateco
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if not working correctly

Anyone have an idea why this if statement does not work correctly? "test2.sh" 18 lines, 386 characters #!/usr/bin/sh WARNING=80 CRITICAL=95 check_it() { if ] || ];then echo "YES ] || ]" else echo "NO ] || ]" fi } check_it 80.1 check_it 81.1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable not working correctly.

Hi, I have a script where I am trying to set a local variable using the following, MYVAR="$NAME"_"$NAME2".txt where say, NAME = one NAME2 = two so I want the output one_two.txt but what I am getting is, two.txt basically the $NAME2 is overwriting, what am I doing wrong? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: walsh_j
3 Replies

4. Programming

Shell Implementation not working correctly

//save in/out int tmpin = dup(0); int tmpout = dup(1); //set initial input int fdin; if(_inputFile) { fdin = open(_inputFile, O_RDONLY | O_CREAT, S_IREAD | S_IWRITE); } else { //use default input fdin = dup(tmpin); } int ret; int fdout; for(int i = 0; i... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirBronto
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep -A switch not working correctly with -m

egrep -A 7 -m 2 -h 'Date:|Time:' *.html this is showing only 2 line after the context of the 2nd found match. Is this a bug in grep? egrep -A 7 -m 2 -h 'Time:' *.html - this works correctly (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zer0
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find cmd not working correctly in script

I am trying to copy 2 types of files so I can archive them. I tested with a set of commands: touch -t $(date -d "-60 day" +%Y%m%d) WORKDIR/REF find TARGETDIR/ -type f -maxdepth 1 -iname \*.out\* -or -iname \*.log\* ! -newer WORKDIR/REF -exec ls -l {} \; This correctly lists any files in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync is not correctly working

We are using Red Hat linux system. I am transferring my rman backup files to another server. Here is the command i am using to transfer the files. /usr/bin/rsync -avpP --delete /xyz/xyz/ 99.99.999.99::db110bkp Here is the rsync version. >rsync --version rsync version 3.0.6 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Regexp not working correctly

Consider the following code: grep -o -e '^STEAM_::\d+$' workfile3.tmp A sample format of a valid string for the regexp would be: STEAM_0:1:12345678 Here is an example line from the workfile3.tmp file: 465:L 01/02/2012 - 00:05:33: "Spartan1-1-7<8><STEAM_0:1:47539638><>" connected No... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spinner0205
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk not working correctly

Hi I am attempting to right a script which will read a table and extract specfic information. LASTFAILEDJOB=/usr/openv/netbackup/scripts/GB-LDN/Junaid/temp_files/lastfailedjob cat /usr/openv/netbackup/scripts/GB-LDN/Junaid/temp_files/lastfailedjob 237308646 If i run the following... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vnc No Longer Working Correctly

Hello All, Yesterday, all day, I was using x11vnc and vncviewer to connect to a server. But today for some reason it is not working. I don't remember changing any settings or anything like that, but because it stopped working correctly I guess something has...? I'm issuing the exact same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies
SIMPLEXML_IMPORT_DOM(3) 						 1						   SIMPLEXML_IMPORT_DOM(3)

simplexml_import_dom - Get a SimpleXMLElementobject from a DOM node.

SYNOPSIS
SimpleXMLElement simplexml_import_dom (DOMNode $node, [string $class_name = "SimpleXMLElement"]) DESCRIPTION
This function takes a node of a DOM document and makes it into a SimpleXML node. This new object can then be used as a native SimpleXML element. PARAMETERS
o $node - A DOM Element node o $class_name - You may use this optional parameter so that simplexml_import_dom(3) will return an object of the specified class. That class should extend the SimpleXMLElement class. RETURN VALUES
Returns a SimpleXMLElement or FALSE on failure. Warning This function may return Boolean FALSE, but may also return a non-Boolean value which evaluates to FALSE. Please read the section on Booleans for more information. Use the === operator for testing the return value of this function. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Importing DOM <?php $dom = new DOMDocument; $dom->loadXML('<books><book><title>blah</title></book></books>'); if (!$dom) { echo 'Error while parsing the document'; exit; } $s = simplexml_import_dom($dom); echo $s->book[0]->title; ?> The above example will output: blah SEE ALSO
dom_import_simplexml(3), "Basic SimpleXML usage". PHP Documentation Group SIMPLEXML_IMPORT_DOM(3)