Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Odd behavior from GDB while trying to cross-debug an embedded Linux application. Post 303031547 by Circuits on Friday 1st of March 2019 04:54:42 PM
Old 03-01-2019
Unfortunately I got pulled off into a bug and had to put this aside for a few days but now I have some more time.

@Corona688

Just to be sure I remounted a brand new copy of the rootfs from a branch and then downloaded the Codebase for that branch and repeated the above exercise and got the same behavior. Another thing I find odd, in the debugger console at the end of the output I showed above it says:

Code:
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
 Quit this debugging session? (y or n)

but it's actually frozen. Entering y or n does nothing. So I have to manual terminate the debugging session.

I tried running gdb-multiarch from a terminal instead of using it through Eclipse and ended up with similar output except right at the end it says:

Code:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

So, this doesn't seem to be an Eclipse problem. Maybe it is a gdb-multiarch problem?

EDIT: I take that back the output is jumping all over I tried again running gdb-multiarch with sudo and ended up with the same output as before, no mention of a seg fault.

Last edited by Circuits; 03-01-2019 at 06:15 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Odd .sh behavior in script

Hello, I have been working on a what I thought was a fairly simple script for installing a software kit on Linux and Unix I am not new to scripting but am far from being fluent in sh scripting. any assistance would be appreciated. I have an odd bug occuring when executing the script. When... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Odd storage behavior

Hi, We have some troubles with our HP server (rx4640) running HP-UX 11.31. The server is attached to a JBod cabinet. If the JBod cabinet is powered on and we power on the server after then HP-UX can't find the devices (disks) at the cabinet. Does not help to run an ioscan -fnC disk. But if I power... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoff
3 Replies

3. Programming

gdb: how to debug an executable file with a few command line papameters

If an executalbe file has several parameters, gdb can not pass parameters correctly. Let us see: run: ./executablefile1 agr1 arg2 arg3 debug: gdb executablefile1 run executalbefile1 arg1 arg2 arg3 then argv : executablefile1 argv : executablefile argv : arg1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
3 Replies

4. Programming

gdb: problem while debug an executable file

I created one file (test.cpp)and complied it and get the executable file(test) and run it.It is giving the out put but when I am trying to debug that executable.I am getting the error -- please tell me the solutions?? Thanks in advance ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

a question about debug using gdb(/lib32/libc.so.6: No such file or directory)

Hi all, (gdb) target remote 192.168.185.196:1389 Remote debugging using 192.168.185.196:1389 warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function. GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers and track explicitly loaded dynamic code. 0x2fbd0800 in ?? () (gdb) l 1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

6. Programming

Debug two process Using GDB

Hi All I know How to attach a process to beubg it .But for my application I am using client as well server.Both are two separate process .Suppose I need to debug both .How to attach both of them together .Or I have to attach them separetly . Suppose client process id is 1325 and server is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
2 Replies

7. Programming

Can't debug: assert error with gdb (no problem without)

I'm sorry if the title is really criptic, but I don't know how to phrase my problem. I know I can't really ask for a solution, and I normally wouldn't but this is really escaping my abilities. Antefacts. I developed a program using the zeromq messaging library. I got to a point where the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
11 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Odd behavior from passwd.

Hi Folks, Before I go off and start checking I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this behaviour before. # passwd e825390 Changing password for user e825390. New password: Retype new password: Retype new password: passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully. As you can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies