Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to get versioning of the branch name dynamically Post 303031538 by RudiC on Friday 1st of March 2019 03:25:12 PM
Old 03-01-2019
Getting additional necessary info on this request is like trying to squeeze blood out of a stone - can't you paint the whole picture in one go so we can stop poking in the dark?
Given your listing is in VERSFILE, try
Code:
curl https://altrecmktg.com/artifactory/mediamarketing/release-$(IFS=/ read VERS REST <<<$(tac VERSFILE); echo $VERS)/altrec.tar

Last edited by RudiC; 03-01-2019 at 05:37 PM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris versioning

Please correct me if I am wrong... Isnt the only difference between minor releases of Solaris, ex. 9/04 and 9/05, is the patche revs between them? If so, why does the /etc/release info stay static when patched? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhm4
4 Replies

2. Programming

binary versioning

Dear Members, Do you know any information about versioning a binary file. That means test.out 1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.1.0, and so on. Can I manually edit version number (both major and minor) and revision number myself (how?) or any utility to set version number (which one?). Best Regards, Francesco (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: francescoandrio
2 Replies

3. SCO

Versioning through undelete

Hi , I am using SCO openserver realease 3.2 and tried to test versioning on a directory with undelete -s . The command executes well but it is not creating any versions of the files in it. I have also setted versioning options via filesystem and then remounted it but of ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Versioning up a file with initials?

I have this code that works great ... #!/bin/sh for file in "$@" do ext=${file##*.} base=${file%.*} num=${base##*v} zeroes=${num%%*} num=${num#$zeroes} #remove leading zeros, or it uses octal num=$((num+1)) base=${base%v*} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
5 Replies
CURLOPT_PRIVATE(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options						CURLOPT_PRIVATE(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_PRIVATE - store a private pointer SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_PRIVATE, void *pointer); DESCRIPTION
Pass a void * as parameter, pointing to data that should be associated with this curl handle. The pointer can subsequently be retrieved using curl_easy_getinfo(3) with the CURLINFO_PRIVATE option. libcurl itself never does nothing with this data. DEFAULT
NULL PROTOCOLS
All EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); struct private secrets; if(curl) { struct private *extracted; curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); /* store a pointer to our private struct */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_PRIVATE, &secrets); curl_easy_perform(curl); /* we can extract the private pointer again too */ curl_easy_getinfo(curl, CURLINFO_PRIVATE, &extracted); } AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.10.3 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_VERBOSE(3), CURLOPT_STDERR(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_PRIVATE(3)