Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Let us stand in awe before Don Cragun Post 303031428 by bakunin on Thursday 28th of February 2019 07:27:56 AM
Old 02-28-2019
Let us stand in awe before Don Cragun

The list of major achievements is growing even longer: notice that with this post our revered lead moderator Don Cragun has crossed the 12.000-post-barrier.

Someone like me, who managed to produce roughly half of the posts in roughly double the time i can only stand in awe and wonder: has the keyboard already cooled down or is it still smoking?

Don, thank you for your knowledgeable and always hyper-exact contributions here. If nothing else i learned from you that even the smallest details matter and how much difference there is in about knowing something and really knowing it.

We all owe you.

bakunin
These 8 Users Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Don Cragun

Hi Don I apologise, it wasn't my intention to double post. Soon after posting the original I noticed a typo in the subject so partly because I didn't want to confuse and distract from what I was seeking, but if I'm honest mostly down to my OCD, I wanted to correct it. However I couldn't see... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElGato
0 Replies
mlmmj-sub(1)						      General Commands Manual						      mlmmj-sub(1)

NAME
mlmmj-sub - subscribe address to a mailinglist run by mlmmj SYNOPSIS
mlmmj-sub -L /path/to/list -a john@doe.org [-c | -C] [-d | -n] [-h] [-U] [-V] -a: Email address to subscribe -c: Send welcome mail -d: Subscribe to digest version of the list -C: Request mail confirmation -h: This help -L: Full path to list directory -m: Subscriber moderation string -n: Subscribe to nomail version of the list -s: Don't send a mail to the subscriber if already subscribed -U: Don't switch to the user id of the listdir owner -V: Print version DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to subscribe people to the specified mailinglist. It will write the email address in a file with the name of the beginning letter of the email address getting subscribed in the <listdir>/subscribers.d/ directory. Unless the -U switch is used it will switch its user id to the user id owning the list directory. This is done to make sure that new files created are having correct permissions. The nomail version of the list is a list version where people are subscribed like usual, but they won't recieve any postings to the list. This is useful for people who read the mailinglist through a news gateway, but want to be able to post to the list. Normally a mail is sent to the subscriber if the address is already subscribed to the list. If the -s switch is used such a mail will not be sent. When neither -c nor -C are specified, subscription silently happens. SEE ALSO
mlmmj-unsub(1), setuid(2) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the following persons: Soren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org> (based on html2man output) Mads Martin Jorgensen <mmj@mmj.dk> mlmmj-sub September 2004 mlmmj-sub(1)