Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Let us stand in awe before Don Cragun Post 303031428 by bakunin on Thursday 28th of February 2019 07:27:56 AM
Old 02-28-2019
Let us stand in awe before Don Cragun

The list of major achievements is growing even longer: notice that with this post our revered lead moderator Don Cragun has crossed the 12.000-post-barrier.

Someone like me, who managed to produce roughly half of the posts in roughly double the time i can only stand in awe and wonder: has the keyboard already cooled down or is it still smoking?

Don, thank you for your knowledgeable and always hyper-exact contributions here. If nothing else i learned from you that even the smallest details matter and how much difference there is in about knowing something and really knowing it.

We all owe you.

bakunin
These 8 Users Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Don Cragun

Hi Don I apologise, it wasn't my intention to double post. Soon after posting the original I noticed a typo in the subject so partly because I didn't want to confuse and distract from what I was seeking, but if I'm honest mostly down to my OCD, I wanted to correct it. However I couldn't see... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElGato
0 Replies
mlmmj-recieve(1)					      General Commands Manual						  mlmmj-recieve(1)

NAME
mlmmj-recieve - recieve mails for an mlmmj managed mailinglist SYNOPSIS
mlmmj-recieve -L /path/to/listdir [-h] [-V] [-P] [-F] -h: This help -F: Don't fork in the background (debugging only) -L: Full path to list directory -P: Don't execute mlmmj-process (debugging only) -V: Print version DESCRIPTION
The mlmmj-recieve binary is the one specified in the mailserver configuration file (aliases file), which writes the mail to the <list- dir>/incoming directory and invokes mlmmj-process unless the -P option is specified. On systems using mailservers supporting the /etc/aliases file, a line to activate an mlmmj managed mailinglist would look like this: list: "|/usr/bin/mlmmj-recieve -L /var/spool/mlmmj/list/" It's very important to specify the full path to the binary, or the mailinglist will not function. When the -F option is used, it will not fork in the background. The reason it forks is that if delivery of a mail takes longer time than the mail server will allow a command to be idle before presumed dead, the mail server would kill it. SEE ALSO
mlmmj-process(1) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the following persons: Soren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org> (based on html2man output) Mads Martin Jorgensen <mmj@mmj.dk> mlmmj-recieve September 2004 mlmmj-recieve(1)