Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Let us stand in awe before Don Cragun Post 303031428 by bakunin on Thursday 28th of February 2019 07:27:56 AM
Old 02-28-2019
Let us stand in awe before Don Cragun

The list of major achievements is growing even longer: notice that with this post our revered lead moderator Don Cragun has crossed the 12.000-post-barrier.

Someone like me, who managed to produce roughly half of the posts in roughly double the time i can only stand in awe and wonder: has the keyboard already cooled down or is it still smoking?

Don, thank you for your knowledgeable and always hyper-exact contributions here. If nothing else i learned from you that even the smallest details matter and how much difference there is in about knowing something and really knowing it.

We all owe you.

bakunin
These 8 Users Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Don Cragun

Hi Don I apologise, it wasn't my intention to double post. Soon after posting the original I noticed a typo in the subject so partly because I didn't want to confuse and distract from what I was seeking, but if I'm honest mostly down to my OCD, I wanted to correct it. However I couldn't see... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElGato
0 Replies
XIBARRIERRELEASEPOIN(3) 												   XIBARRIERRELEASEPOIN(3)

NAME
XIBarrierReleasePointer, XIBarrierReleasePointers - allow pointer movement across a pointer barrier SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/XInput2.h> int XIBarrierReleasePointer( Display *display, int deviceid, PointerBarrier barrier, BarrierEventID eventid); int XIBarrierReleasePointers( Display *display, XIBarrierReleasePointerInfo *barriers, int num_barriers); display Specifies the connection to the X server. deviceid Specifies the device allowed to move across the barrier. barrier Specifies the barrier. eventid Specifies the unique event ID for this barrier event sequence. barriers List of deviceid, barrier, eventid triplets. num_barriers Number of elements in barriers. DESCRIPTION
If a pointer is constrained by a pointer barrier, release the pointer from the barrier and allow it to cross the barrier with the next motion. If the pointer moves away from the barrier, this request does nothing. This request only releases the pointer for the given barrier event sequence. If the pointer moves away from or through the barrier, a XI_BarrierLeave event is generated. Future pointer movement constrained by this barrier will assign a new eventid and require a new XIBarrierReleasePointer request. If the pointer is not currently blocked by the barrier or the barrier event sequence has ended, this request does nothing. XIBarrierReleasePointer and XIBarrierReleasePointers can generate a BadDevice or BadValue error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadDevice An invalid device was specified. The device does not exist or is not a master pointer device. BadValue A value for a PointerBarrier argument does not name a defined pointer barrier. SEE ALSO
XFixesCreatePointerBarrier(3) 05/30/2013 XIBARRIERRELEASEPOIN(3)