Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tcsh precmd weird question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tcsh precmd weird question Post 303031376 by Corona688 on Wednesday 27th of February 2019 10:25:38 AM
Old 02-27-2019
What does 'jumping to the newline' mean?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh

I'm working on OpenOffice Localization; In that I need to work most of in 'tcsh' Since I have almost work till now in 'bash', I want to explore 'tcsh' much more .. An body suggest me a way ? books ? Thanks, :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird Question

As in Windows we have Video memory and we can access it through C programs, do we have anything similar to that in Unix and similar operating systems. If we have some sort of Video memory in Unix flavours, then how can we access it through C programs. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kind of weird question

I recently purchased a book titled Hacking: The Art of Exploitation. When I got it home I read the preface and found out that i shouldnt have bought it. It says the code examples in this book were done on an x86 based computer (I have a mac). Is there anything I can do to make my mac run similar to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyberaxe
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with this tcsh script.!!!!

I need to write a tcsh script which would compare files in the two folders and then send me a mail saying which of the files are missing.For eg 1) I have this folder1 containing all the files which must land on folder2 on a daily basis. 2) If a file is present in folder1 but not in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in tcsh

am working in tcsh while writing a script, what is diff between foll two starting line #!/bin/csh #!/bin/csh -f Also can I use the same line for script in tcsh or I have to necessarily use #!/bin/tcsh I guess even #!/bin/sh will also do. Kindly clarify (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrakamath
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple tcsh question using foreach

I want to search line-by-line for a string in a file, and I want to do this to a series of files in a directory. I'm doing this in tcsh This works fine to do the search: while read i; do grep $i file2; done <file1.txt This also works fine to read a directory: foreach file ('/bin/ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moldoverb
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging out in tcsh

Hi! I want to log out of the tcsh shell without updating the history? Thanks, Jack. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh help

Does anyone no way my .tcsh_history file is filling up with a bunch of crap?? It is filled with lines like: ! ls eccracrascratcd ! ls mecd /hchoo "cratch2/mecd /sch2/mecd /sh2/mecd /scratchcd /scratch2/mecd /scratcraecd /ls mo "ls" > ! ls eccratch2/mecd /sc/ls"d /scratch2/mecd histecho "ls" o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bic121
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh to sh

Dear all, I have piece of command from tcsh, which I would like to be in my .bashrc file. However, I am comletely blank about the tcsh commandline. if (-e ~/forum/dir/code.sh) then source ~/forum/dir/code.sh endif Any piece of suggestions how to convert it to sh way? Thank you emily (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh Problems with # and []

Hallo, I try to write a program which processes an input-file linewise. I created the following minimal example: hash-problem:#!/bin/tcsh foreach text ("`cat $1`") echo $text endUsually, it works as expected, but there are two problems: 1. If the argument of hash-problem has an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanielDD
3 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)