Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Enclose String in single quote Post 303031354 by nezabudka on Wednesday 27th of February 2019 12:21:41 AM
Old 02-27-2019
Code:
sed -r 's/[^,]+/\x27&\x27/g;s/\x27([0-9]+)\x27/\1/g'

This User Gave Thanks to nezabudka For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

single quote

Hi I have a shell script with many lines as below: comment on column dcases.proj_seq_num is dcases_1sq; .... .... I want the above script to be as below: comment on column dcases.proj_seq_num is 'dcases_1sq'; I want to have single quotes like that as above for the entire shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex in grep to match all lines ending with a double quote (") OR a single quote (')

Hi, I've been trying to write a regex to use in egrep (in a shell script) that'll fetch the names of all the files that match a particular pattern. I expect to match the following line in a file: Name = "abc" The regex I'm using to match the same is: egrep -l '(^) *= *" ** *"$' /PATH_TO_SEARCH... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanJ
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find single quote in a string and replace it

Hi, I have variable inside shell script - from_item. from_item = 40.1'1/16 i have to first find out whether FROM_ITEM contains single quote('). If yes, then that need to be replace with two quotes (''). How to do it inside shell script? Please note that inside shell script........ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogichavan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace single quote with two single quotes in perl

Hi I want to replace single quote with two single quotes in a perl string. If the string is <It's Simpson's book> It should become <It''s Simpson''s book> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

single quote replacement

hi all, i have a data in the file which of the formate : 100,102,103 and the required formate is \'100\',\'102\',\'103 Idealy we need to replace , with \',\' Regards arkesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkeshtk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to enclose a string in quotes

I have a script which I call and pass a text string to it. This string is then is assigned to a variable in the script. I then call another script and pass that variable to the second script, but when I do, the quotes are lost and the second script gets a total of three variables 'my', 'lovely' and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iskatel
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture a string enclose by a pattern within a file?

Hi all, My file :test.txt just like this: ........................... From: 333:123<sip:88888888888@bbbb.com To: <sip:123456@aaaaa.com ......................... I want a script to capture the string between sip: & @ Expect output: 88888888888 123456 Please help! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex Li
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double quotes with a single quote within a double quoted string

Hi Froum. I have tried in vain to find a solution for this problem - I'm trying to replace any double quotes within a quoted string with a single quote, leaving everything else as is. I have the following data: Before: ... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
32 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all but the first and last double quote in a line with a single quote with awk

From: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This, is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ""test""" 4,7,3,1,8,"""" To: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This; is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ''test''" 4,7,3,1,8,"''"Is there an easy syntax I'm overlooking? There will always be an odd number... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to split string on single quote as delimiter

I have a variable that contains the following string: FPATH=-rw-rw-r-- 1 user1 dba 0 Aug 7 13:14 /app/F11.3/app/cust/exe/filename1.exe' -rw-rw-r-- 1 user1 dba 0 Aug 19 10:09 /app/app/F11.3/app/cust/sql/33211.sql' -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 dba 0 Aug 6 17:20 /app/F11.2/app/01/mrt/file1.mrt' I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
xls2csv(1)						      General Commands Manual							xls2csv(1)

NAME
xls2csv - reads MS-Excel file and puts its content as comma-separated data on standard output SYNOPSIS
xls2csv [-xlV] [-f format ] [-b string ] [-s charset ] [-d charset ] [-q number ] [-c char] files DESCRIPTION
xls2csv reads MS-Excel spreadsheet and dumps its content as comma-separated values to stdout. Numbers are printed without delimiters, strings are enclosed in the double quotes. Double-quotes inside string are doubled. OPTIONS
-x print unknown Unicode chars as xNNNN, rather than as question marks -l list known charsets and exit successfully -cchar cell separator char. By default - comma. -bstring sheet break string. This string (by default - formfeed) would be output at the end of each workbook page. This string is printed after page starting at start of line, but no linefeed would be automatically added at the end of string. Include newline at the ent of sheet separator if you want it to appear on separate line by itself -gnumber number of decimal digits in the numbers. By default maximal double precision (system-dependent macro DBL_DIG) is used. -qnumber set quote mode. In quote mode 0 cell contents is never quoted. In quote mode 1 only strings which contain spaces, double quotes or commas are quoted. In quote mode 2 (default) all cells with type string are quoted. In quote mode 3 all cells are quoted. -dcharset` - specifies destination charset name. Charset file has format described in CHARACTER SETS section of catdoc(1) manual page. By default, current locale charset would be used if langinfo support was enabled at the compile time. -scharset - specifies source charset. Typically, Excel files have CODE PAGE record, which denotes input charset, but for some reason you may wish to override it. -fformat - specifies date/time format to use for output of all Excel date and time values. If this option is not specified, format, speci- fied in the spreadsheet is used. On POSIX system any format, allowed by strftime(3) can be used as value of this option. Under MS- DOS xls2csv implements limited set of strftime formats, namely m, d, y, Y, b, l, p, H, M, S. -V outputs version number FILES
${HOME}/.catdocrc, catdoc charset files and substitution map files (see catdoc(1) manual page for details, SEE ALSO
cat(1), catdoc(1), strings(1), utf8(7), unicode(7) AUTHOR
V.B.Wagner <vitus@45.free.net>, based on biffview by David Rysdam MS-Word reader Version 0.94.4 xls2csv(1)