Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Rsync - not copy certain files Post 303031316 by bakunin on Tuesday 26th of February 2019 02:38:42 AM
Old 02-26-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew77
Does it work with wildcards?
Probably. Why don't you set up two test directories and simply try it? It would be a matter of minutes to find out, no?

I hope this helps.

bakunin
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Using RSYNC to copy files locally

Has anyone ever used rsync to copy files locally on one server? (in this case from one SAN volume to another). I am familiar with using rsync to copy files between servers, but not locally, I would usually use cp or or tar or something. Is rsync slower? Does it use additional overhead of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync copy files once

Hi This is my situation I have files on the left which I want to copy to the right. Once the files are copied to the right, they are processed and then deleted. The next time rsync runs I dont want it to copy the same files again, it should only copy any new files to the right. I have been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using remote rsync, but copy locally?

I'm looking to use rsync to compare remote files and to copy the diff to a local directory, rather than transfer over the net. The net connection is not fast enough to transfer these files (~1.8TB) and I'd like to sneakernet them instead. Possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfbills
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync copy files if dont exist

I have a setup where I have two drives. TV TVbackup For what ever reason, I have a lot of content on my TVbackup drive which isn't on my TV drive. I want to copy all the files across which are on TVbackup but are not currently on TV. If there is a file with the same name but a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spadez
2 Replies

5. SCO

Rsync sometimes fails to copy

Hello I tried rsync (version 3.0.7) on OpenServer 5.0.7. Compile the version of samba.org and use of aljex.com. Both versions do not work reliably, sometimes show errors and stop copying (sometimes works) The OSR5.0.7 I'm using VirtualBox, I do not think the problem is in virtualization, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync to copy specific subfolders and files to new directory

RootFolderI: RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder1/Subsub1/JPG1.jpg -> want this jpg RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder2/Subsub1/JPG2.jpg -> want this jpg RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder2/Subsub2/JPG3.jpg . . . RootFolderI/FolderB/Subfolder1/Subsub1/JPG4.jpg -> want this jpg ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blocnt
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rsync added new folders after copy?

Hi guys, Don't really know much about unix or anything, just starting to mess around a little bit to have more understanding in general. So, I tried using rsync to copy my macbook pro backup/clone from an external drive I have to another external drive. I ended up using... "sudo rsync -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbjeebs
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
FTFF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   FTFF(1)

NAME
ftff - fault tolerant file find utility SYNOPSIS
ftff [-#fFhIpq][-t#][start_directory] file_to_find DESCRIPTION
ftff recursively descends the directory hierarchy and reports all objects in the file system with a name that approximately matches the given filename. ftff achieves fault tolerance by calculating the so called Weighted Levenshtein Distance. The Levenshtein Distance is defined as the minimum number of character insertions, deletions and replacements that transform a string A into a string B. ftff behaves like 'find start_directory -name file_to_find -print' with the following differences: - ftff is fault tolerant - ftff is NOT case sensitive - the level of fault tolerance can be adjusted by specifying the optional parameter tolerance. A tolerance of 0 specifies exact match. OPTIONS
-h Prints a little help/usage information. -f Follow symbolic links on directories. Note: a symbolic link like "somewhere -> .." causes naturally an endless loop. By default ftff does not follow symbolic links to directories. -F Classify the file type by appending a character to each file name. This character is: '*' for regular files that are executable '/' for directories '@' for symbolic links '|' for FIFOs '=' for sockets -p print the actual distance value in front of the filename. This value is equal to the number of insertions, deletions and replace- ments necessary to transform the file that was found into the search key (the file_to_find). -q keep quiet and do not print any warning about non readable directories. -# or -t# Set the fault tolerance level to #. The fault tolerance level is an integer in the range 0-255. It specifies the maximum number of errors permitted in finding the approximate match. The default tolerance is (strlen(searchpattern) - number of wildcards)/6 + 1 -I Do case sensitive search (default is case in-sensitive) file_to_find The filename to search for. '*' and '?' can be used as wildcards. '?' denotes one single character. '*' denotes an arbitrary number of characters. start_directory The directory to start the search. The current directory is the default. The last argument to ftff is not parsed for options as the program needs at least one file-name argument. This means that ftff -x will not complain about a wrong option but search for the file named -x. EXAMPLE
ftff samething This will e.g. find a file called something or sameting or sum-thing or ... To find all files that start with any prefix, have something like IOComm in between and end on a two letter suffix: ftff '*iocomm.??' To find all files that exactly start with the prefix DuPeg: ftff -0 'dupeg*' BUGS
The wildcards '?' and '*' can not be escaped. These characters function always as wildcards. This is however not a big problem since there is normally hardly any file that has these characters in its name. AUTHOR
Guido Socher (guido@linuxfocus.org) SEE ALSO
whichman(1), find(1) Search utilities August 1998 FTFF(1)