Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Combine GetOpt And Variadic Function In C Post 303031155 by Azrael on Friday 22nd of February 2019 08:14:16 AM
Old 02-22-2019
I guess I didn't explain things well. I assumed using a variadic function would be the only way to get optional and required parameters. I tried to implement the code from Corona688 in my own, but could not get it to work. I did more searching and came back to example 2 on this page I had been to before:

CS 417 Documents

From that example I was able to see the flags in the switch case that could make arguments required.
Code:
$ ./basic -dp -s "more stuff" blah
./basic: missing -f option
usage: ./basic [-dmp] -f fname [-s sname] name [name ...]

Thank you for the response.
This User Gave Thanks to Azrael For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

question about getopt()

I'm using getopt() to get command line options.One the optons accepts and argument.The argument is and offset.I was wondering how can I scecify that it's argument is of the type off_t.I've something like this "offset=(off_t)optarg" and it don't work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angelfly
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

scriptname i have made a script to perform so tasks and i managed to complete the tasks for all the options the problem i am facing is that i can run the scripts individually but i would like to make it such that it can accept multiple options and give me the appropriate output e.g.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: problems
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt

#!/bin/sh set -- `getopt "abco:" "$@"` a= b= c= o= while : do case "$1" in -a) a=1;; -b) b=1;; -c) c=1;; -o) shift; o="$1";; --) break;; esac shift done shift # get rid of -- # rest of script... # e.g. ls -l $@ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

I m trying to use getopt This is my script, but it doesn't take argument in variable, Please help. set - - `getopt mscl: $*` if then echo "Exiting...." exit 2 fi for i in $* do case $i in -m) MAIL="$i"; shift;; -s) SCRIPT=$OPTARG; shift;; -c) COB=$OPTARG; shift;;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

:) Can anybody help me about how to use getopt in shell scripting. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

6. Solaris

use of getopt command

Hi All, Could anyone tell me how to use getopt command.....? Thanks, Pintu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintupatro
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getopt

Hi, I want to use the getopt function to parse some arguments for a script. while getopts "i:f:r:" OPTION do case $OPTION in i) iter=$OPTARG;; f) frame=$OPTARG;; r) roi=$OPTARG;; ?) echo Usage: ...... exit 2;; esac done However, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giorgos193
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

Variadic macros compilation error HP C on HP-UX

I have a macro defined like this: #define MM7_RETURN(errorNr, ...) \ { \ if(errorNr != MM7_RS_NoError) \ { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marzullo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt in CSH

I am struggling to understand how getopt can be used in a csh script. can anybody post a csh script using getopt. Please! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopt Help

Hi All, An old work friend wrote a script which I've been trying to understand how a section of it currently works and work out how i can add some command line switches which i can use later in the script to append the output depending on the command line arguements. Currently it works by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies
SVNPATH(1)                                                                                                                              SVNPATH(1)

NAME
svnpath - output svn url with support for tags and branches SYNOPSIS
svnpath svnpath tags svnpath branches svnpath trunk DESCRIPTION
svnpath is intended to be run in a Subversion working copy. In its simplest usage, svnpath with no parameters outputs the svn url for the repository associated with the working copy. If a parameter is given, svnpath attempts to instead output the url that would be used for the tags, branches, or trunk. This will only work if it's run in the top-level directory that is subject to tagging or branching. For example, if you want to tag what's checked into Subversion as version 1.0, you could use a command like this: svn cp $(svnpath) $(svnpath tags)/1.0 That's much easier than using svn info to look up the repository url and manually modifying it to derive the url to use for the tag, and typing in something like this: svn cp svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/trunk svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/tags/1.0 svnpath uses a simple heuristic to convert between the trunk, tags, and branches paths. It replaces the first occurrence of trunk, tags, or branches with the name of what you're looking for. This will work ok for most typical Subversion repository layouts. If you have an atypical layout and it does not work, you can add a ~/.svnpath file. This file is perl code, which can modify the path in $url. For example, the author uses this file: #!/usr/bin/perl # svnpath personal override file # For d-i I sometimes work from a full d-i tree branch. Remove that from # the path to get regular tags or branches directories. $url=~s!d-i/(rc|beta)[0-9]+/!!; $url=~s!d-i/sarge/!!; 1 LICENSE
GPL version 2 or later AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 SVNPATH(1)