Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk Script Output Help
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk Script Output Help Post 303031127 by vgersh99 on Thursday 21st of February 2019 06:34:00 PM
Old 02-21-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
Hi Marquez3105,
What we need you to put between the CODE tags is the contents of the file you are trying to process. We do not want you to be setting x-small font size, your choice of font family, your other WYSIWIG formatting to make the file contents look pretty; we just want the contents of the file.

Please try again without all of the WYSIWIG formatting that is making it impossible for us to figure out what data you are really trying to process.
I had similar issues in the past when using "Enhanced Interface" editor when posting.
Marquez3105,
go to UserCP->EditOptions and under Message Editor Interface chapter and under Message Editor Interface: choose Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Control.
Then Save Changes when done.
Then re-post your sample data within code tags.
Hope it helps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script the output with awk

Please i need your help. i made this script with awk, this scripts count and list a pattern for each directory in the output as shown. but not as desired. i want the output will be listed in a tabular way, using awk: cuenta_cdrs() { for dir in * do cd $dir for file in * do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output using awk in script.

Guys, I have a script which hits the database and pulls the information that I need into files. Now I want to format these files to make them easy to read. The sample format of the file will be like.... <Start_of_File> Header1 .....xsdfsfa...adfa...... Header2 ....afefas .aefaefsdf...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bperl
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Colon in awk script output

I'm using AIX 5.3 and running a awk replace to modify data as follows: echo 1234: 1234 123 123 444 555 666 7777 | awk '/^:/{split($2,N);n=N} {n=$1} {sub(n,n+10000000)}1' 10001234 1234 123 123 444 555 666 7777 dumb question.. how do I get the colon back in, so it outputs 10001234: 1234... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get fields and get output with awk or shell script.?

I have a flat file A.txt with field seperate by a pipe 2012/11/13 20:06:11 | 284:hawk pid=014268 opened Locations 12, 13, 14, 15 for /home/hawk_t112/t112/macteam/qt/NET12/full_ddr3_2X_FV_4BD_1.qt/dbFiles/t112.proto|2012/11/14 15:19:26 | still running |norway|norway 2012/11/14 12:53:51 | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to search output for a value and print

GOODNUMBERS="1 2 3 4 5 6 3 3 34 34 5 66 12" BADNUMBERS="7 3 12 5 66" for eachnum in `echo ${GOODNUMBERS}` do echo ${BADNUMBERS} | gawk -v threshold=${eachnum} '$1 != threshold' done what im trying to do with the above is, i want to print numbers that are in the GOODNUMBERS... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Script to format output

Hi all, I'm fairly new to this and learning along the way, so bare with me... I'm trying to format the output from a script to be more read-friendly. The output contains more servers and more processes but for as example it will do: Server: Test1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobsonm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script not producing output

Hi, I have a text file with some thousands of rows of the following kind (this will be referred to as the inputFileWithColorsAndNumbers.txt): Blue 6 Red 4 Blue 3 Yellow 4 Red 7 Colors in the left column and a number in the right one for each line. I want to run an awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zooma
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine Both Output from the awk Script

Hi, Is there anyway to combine output from the awk scripting. file01.txt: AUE_CHMOD AUE_CHOWN AUE_CHROOT AUE_CONNECT AUE_ACCEPT AUE_FCHOWN AUE_FCHMOD AUE_SETREUID AUE_SETREGID AUE_FCHROOT AUE_PFEXEC AUE_SETUID AUE_NICE AUE_SETGID (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to call and sort awk script and output

I'm trying to create a shell script that takes a awk script that I wrote and a filename as an argument. I was able to get that done but I'm having trouble figuring out how to keep the header of the output at the top but sort the rest of the rows alphabetically. This is what I have now but it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
native::Delta(3perl)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      native::Delta(3perl)

NAME
SVN::Delta - Subversion delta functions SYNOPSIS
require SVN::Core; require SVN::Repos; require SVN::Delta; # driving an editor my $editor = SVN::Delta::Editor-> new(SVN::Repos::get_commit_editor($repos, "file://$repospath", '/', 'root', 'FOO', &committed)); my $rootbaton = $editor->open_root(0); my $fbaton = $editor->add_file ('filea', $rootbaton, undef, -1); my $ret = $editor->apply_textdelta ($fbaton, undef); SVN::TxDelta::send_string("FILEA CONTENT", @$ret); # implement an editor in perl SVN::Repos::dir_delta($root1, $path, undef, $root2, $path, SVN::Delta::Editor->new(_debug=>1), 1, 1, 0, 1 DESCRIPTION
SVN::Delta wraps delta related function in subversion. The most important one is SVN::Delta::Editor, the interface for describing tree deltas. by default SVN::Delta::Editor relays method calls to its internal member "_editor", which could either be an editor in C (such as the one you get from get_commit_editor), or another SVN::Delta::Editor object. SVN
::Delta::Editor Driving Editors If you want to drive a native editor (such as commit_editor obtained by SVN::Repos::get_commit_editor), create a SVN::Delta::Editor object with the native editor/baton pair. The object will then be ready to use and its method calls will be relayed to the native editor. Implementing Editors If you want to implement an editor, subclass SVN::Delta::Editor and implement the editors callbacks. see the METHODS section below. CONSTRUCTOR - new (...) new ($editor, $editor_baton) Link to the native editor You can also pass a hash array to new: _debug Turn on debug. _editor An arrayref of the editor/baton pair or another SVN::Delta::Editor object to link with. METHODS Please consult the svn_delta.h section in the Subversion API. Member functions of svn_delta_editor_t could be called as methods of SVN::Delta::Editor objects, with the edit_baton omitted. The pool is also optional. If you are subclassing, the methods take exactly the same arguments as the member functions (note that void ** are returned data though as throughout the perl bindings), with the edit_baton omitted. BUGS
Functions returning editor/baton pair should really be typemapped to a SVN::Delta::Editor object. AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 CollabNet. All rights reserved. This software is licensed as described in the file COPYING, which you should have received as part of this distribution. The terms are also available at http://subversion.tigris.org/license-1.html. If newer versions of this license are posted there, you may use a newer version instead, at your option. This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many individuals. For exact contribution history, see the revision history and logs, available at http://subversion.tigris.org/. perl v5.14.2 2005-10-25 native::Delta(3perl)