Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help to remove malware
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help to remove malware Post 303031117 by Corona688 on Thursday 21st of February 2019 05:22:37 PM
Old 02-21-2019
What told you that you have malware?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Virus and Malware

How do i manage virus and melware in Unix ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suriano10
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Virus/Malware Uptake Rates

Hi. I'm trying to get information about the rates at which viruses and malware infect computers. Let's say that Mr. Dastardly Developer discovers an exploitable flaw, writes a virus to take advantage of it, and releases the virus. Assuming that a large-scale attack method is chosen (Facebook,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Can't remove "noad VarianceTV" malware from Windows 10

Hello all, It has been months now, I noticed my Windows 10 notebook pc is infected with an adware and I can't seem to remove it (See attachment). I googled it, couldn't find much, but found this link and followed the instructions, ran the executable program listed on the link and rebooted the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
3 Replies
runit(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  runit(8)

NAME
runit - a UNIX process no 1 SYNOPSIS
runit DESCRIPTION
runit must be run as Unix process no 1. It performs the system's booting, running, and shutdown in three stages: STAGE 1 runit runs /etc/runit/1 and waits for it to terminate. The system's one time tasks are done here. /etc/runit/1 has full control of /dev/console to be able to start an emergency shell if the one time initialization tasks fail. If /etc/runit/1 crashes, or exits 100, runit will skip stage 2 and enter stage 3. STAGE 2 runit runs /etc/runit/2, which should not return until system shutdown; if it crashes, or exits 111, it will be restarted. Normally /etc/runit/2 starts runsvdir(8). runit is able to handle the ctrl-alt-del keyboard request in stage 2, see below. STAGE 3 If runit is told to shutdown the system, or stage 2 returns, it terminates stage 2 if it is running, and runs /etc/runit/3. The systems tasks to shutdown and possibly halt or reboot the system are done here. If stage 3 returns, runit checks if the file /etc/runit/reboot exists and has the execute by owner permission set. If so, the system is rebooted, it's halted otherwise. CTRL-ALT-DEL If runit receives the ctrl-alt-del keyboard request and the file /etc/runit/ctrlaltdel exists and has the execute by owner permission set, runit runs /etc/runit/ctrlaltdel, waits for it to terminate, and then sends itself a CONT signal. SIGNALS
runit only accepts signals in stage 2. If runit receives a CONT signal and the file /etc/runit/stopit exists and has the execute by owner permission set, runit is told to shut- down the system. if runit receives an INT signal, a ctrl-alt-del keyboard request is triggered. SEE ALSO
runit-init(8), runsvdir(8), runsvchdir(8), sv(8), runsv(8), chpst(8), utmpset(8), svlogd(8) http://smarden.org/runit/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> runit(8)