Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Find replace text in xml file on the fly Post 303031084 by RudiC on Thursday 21st of February 2019 09:36:35 AM
Old 02-21-2019
Is there a space missing between -E and the ' or is that a typo?
Howsoever, try leaving out any option but escape the parentheses.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace a text inside a file based on a xml key

<c-param> <param-name>Number</param-name> <param-value>22</param-value> <description>my house number</description> </c-param> <c-param> <param-name>Address</param-name> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/Replace in XML file

I am not sure how to approach this find/replace using a shell script. Any help or guidance appreciated. I want to find this: <objects/> <thumb>thumb_0001.jpg</thumb> <preview>preview_0001.jpg</preview> And replace with something like this: <objects>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimraynor
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text inside XML file based on condition

Hi All, I want to change the name as SEQ_13 ie., <Property Name="Name">SEQ_13</Property> when the Stage Type is PxSequentialFile ie., <Property Name="StageType">PxSequentialFile</Property> :wall: Input.XML <Main> <Record Identifier="V0S13" Type="CustomStage" Readonly="0">... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find from file and replace with specific text

Dear All, I do not have any knowledge of scripting. I want to replace specific lines of a text file with a specific text. Like I have one file which is "original file" and one file "changes file" which has list of lines which I want to replace in original file with a specific string. I want the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: libras
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Node and replace line(s) preceding in xml file

Hello, I have an xml file whose contacts are like below: <Node>Apple <B>Value1</B> <B>Value2</B> <B>Value3</B> </Node> <Node>Mango <B>Value1</B> <B>Value2</B> <B>Value3</B> </Node> <Node>Apple <B>Value1</B> <B>Value2</B> <B>Value3</B> </Node> <Node>Bannana (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find and replace the line in text file

I have two files a.txt b.txt I want to find a line in a.txt and replace by another line from b.txt a.txt asfsdfsfsfdfsf asfwererfgdgf wrerwetretfdg b.txt werdfgdfgf werergfdgd sfdfgfgfgfgg i want to replace the 1st line of a.txt by 1st line of b.txt i want out put as (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
5 Replies

7. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace in xml

Hi All, My XML file looks like below: <logEvent xsi:type="logservice:LogEvent" timestamp="1394713811052" severity="3" messageCode="TM_6228" message="Writing session output to log file ." user="" stacktrace="" service="" serviceType="IS" clientNode="dev" pid="712" threadName="DIRECTOR"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: galaxy_rocky
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and replace a string in a text file

Dear all, I want to find all the "," in my text file and then replace the commas to a tab. I found a script online but I don't know how to modify the script for my case. Any one can help? Thank you. @echo off &setlocal set "search=%1" set "replace=%2" set "textfile=Input.txt" set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
2 Replies

10. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
DH_MISSING(1)							     Debhelper							     DH_MISSING(1)

NAME
dh_missing - check for missing files SYNOPSIS
dh_missing [-Xitem] [--sourcedir=dir] [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_missing compares the list of installed files with the files in the source directory. If any of the files (and symlinks) in the source directory were not installed to somewhere, it will warn on stderr about that (--list-missing) or fail (--fail-missing). Please note that without either of these options, dh_missing will silently do nothing. This may be useful if you have a large package and want to make sure that you don't miss installing newly added files in new upstream releases. Remember to test different kinds of builds (dpkg-buildpackage -A/-B/...) as you may experience varying results when only a subset of the packages are built. FILES
debian/not-installed List the files that are deliberately not installed in any binary package. Paths listed in this file are ignored by dh_missing. However, it is not a method to exclude files from being installed by any of the debhelper tool. If you want a tool to not install a given file, please use its --exclude option (where available). dh_missing will expand wildcards in this file (since debhelper 11.1). Wildcards without matches will be ignored. OPTIONS
--list-missing Warn on stderr about source files not installed to somewhere. Note that files that are excluded from being moved via the -X option are not warned about. This is the default in compat 12 and later. --fail-missing This option is like --list-missing, except if a file was missed, it will not only list the missing files, but also fail with a nonzero exit code. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MISSING(1)