Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming MySQL: calculating when query ready Post 303031012 by nourimane on Wednesday 20th of February 2019 12:02:43 PM
Old 02-20-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro
I have a big, ugly query which is quadratic in the input size and therefore want to display an approximate completion time prior to sending it off:
I don't see the link between what you want and the query and like you have said it's not correct. So, to analyze the query you have the explain command to get information about the plan that will be used and from there you can estimate quick query and slow query.
See the official web site for "EXPLAIN"
The other option is to do it on the application side.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql help : query with 2 conditionals

Hi there, I have a table that stores multiple records for many different servers, each of which is timestamped ... I wanted to write a query that would enable me to only output the "latest" record (based on timestamp) for each "unique" server. So for example my main table looks like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

3. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql query in shellscript

Hi, I want to access mysql query from database , for that i have tried the below code #! /bin/bash TABLE_NAME=database1 USER_NAME=root IP_ADDR=111.20.9.256 somevar=`echo "select altid from alert where altid='2724'"| mysql -h $IP_ADDR -u $USER_NAME $TABLE_NAME ` echo $somevar ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

5. Programming

need to modify Mysql query

Hi, I want to run below query on shellscript but having one problm. ADV=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME" "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe" SELECT ADV FROM indata where inid='$INSTRUID' and Date='$latest Date';" ) here Date column contans different below dates 2011-12-01... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql query in shellscript

Hi, I want to run below query on shellscript but having one problm. ADV=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME" "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe" SELECT ADV FROM indata where inid='$INSTRUID' and Date='$latest Date';" ) here Date column contans different below dates 2011-12-01... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

7. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

8. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies
MYSQLDUMPSLOW(1)					       MySQL Database System						  MYSQLDUMPSLOW(1)

NAME
mysqldumpslow - Summarize slow query log files SYNOPSIS
mysqldumpslow [options] [log_file ...] DESCRIPTION
The MySQL slow query log contains information about queries that take a long time to execute (see Section 5.2.5, "The Slow Query Log"). mysqldumpslow parses MySQL slow query log files and prints a summary of their contents. Normally, mysqldumpslow groups queries that are similar except for the particular values of number and string data values. It "abstracts" these values to N and 'S' when displaying summary output. The -a and -n options can be used to modify value abstracting behavior. Invoke mysqldumpslow like this: shell> mysqldumpslow [options] [log_file ...] mysqldumpslow supports the following options. o --help Display a help message and exit. o -a Do not abstract all numbers to N and strings to 'S'. o --debug, -d Run in debug mode. o -g pattern Consider only queries that match the (grep-style) pattern. o -h host_name Host name of MySQL server for *-slow.log file name. The value can contain a wildcard. The default is * (match all). o -i name Name of server instance (if using mysql.server startup script). o -l Do not subtract lock time from total time. o -n N Abstract numbers with at least N digits within names. o -r Reverse the sort order. o -s sort_type How to sort the output. The value of sort_type should be chosen from the following list: o t, at: Sort by query time or average query time o l, al: Sort by lock time or average lock time o r, ar: Sort by rows sent or average rows sent o c: Sort by count By default, mysqldumpslow sorts by average query time (equivalent to -s at). o -t N Display only the first N queries in the output. o --verbose, -v Verbose mode. Print more information about what the program does. Example of usage: shell> mysqldumpslow Reading mysql slow query log from /usr/local/mysql/data/mysqld51-apple-slow.log Count: 1 Time=4.32s (4s) Lock=0.00s (0s) Rows=0.0 (0), root[root]@localhost insert into t2 select * from t1 Count: 3 Time=2.53s (7s) Lock=0.00s (0s) Rows=0.0 (0), root[root]@localhost insert into t2 select * from t1 limit N Count: 3 Time=2.13s (6s) Lock=0.00s (0s) Rows=0.0 (0), root[root]@localhost insert into t1 select * from t1 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 MYSQLDUMPSLOW(1)