Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Optimizing JS and CSS
Top Forums Web Development Optimizing JS and CSS Post 303030913 by Neo on Tuesday 19th of February 2019 06:28:55 AM
Old 02-19-2019
Hi Akshay,

First, let me say that I normally minimize CSS and Javascript using:
  • uglifyjs
  • uglifycss

and both seem to work fine.

Also, it's not really necessary, or even a good idea, to combine all JS files into one big JS minimize file for a number of reasons.

It is not good to "over optimize" and little really great comes of it, in my view.

Most sites like this are changing often and there is always a lot of Javascript code to write, modify, change and debug. Creating "mothers of all minimized Javascript files" make things "a nightmare" and it is better to smartly combine them, and that cannot be done by tool because we need to know that we are developing, where the issues are, what is changing, and what is static.

But anyway, I'm not focused on it and it is not on the site development critical path to worry about minimizing more JS and CSS. I have a lot more important functional code to write for the next month or so.

Cheers and Thanks!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove css comments

Is there a way that I can use sed to remove lines with css comments like this? /* comment */ (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gravesit
9 Replies

2. Web Development

On Css

<html> <head> <style> div.box {width: 300px; height: 200px; padding: 30px; font: 46 pt times new roman;} </style> </head> <body> <div class="box" style=" filter": progid:DXImagetransform.Microsoft.Alpha (Opacity=100, FinishOpacity=0, Style=1, StartX=0, FinishX=0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
0 Replies

3. Web Development

HTML down, CSS help, ahhhh

I am having some problems. I have been able to learn HTML, but when I try and encode CSS, nothing happens, what is the major issue here. <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> <html> <head> <title>MY CSS</title> <style... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
7 Replies

4. Web Development

CSS frameworks

I have been reading up on CSS frameworks, to see if it could be useful for an intranet that I am helping to build, but the true purpose does not become clear to me. What circumstances would the deployment of a CSS framework be useful in? What does a CSS framework do that a CMS template cannot do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figaro
1 Replies
CSS::Adaptor(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 CSS::Adaptor(3pm)

NAME
CSS::Adaptor - Arbitrarily map CSS data for use in another context. SYNOPSIS
use CSS; # create a CSS object with an adaptor my $css = new CSS({ 'adaptor' => 'CSS::Adaptor', }); # load some CSS data $css->read_file( "my_file.css" ); # change the adaptor $css->set_adaptor( "CSS::Adaptor::Pretty" ); # output CSS object using the current adaptor print $css->output(); DESCRIPTION
This class is used by CSS to translate a CSS object to a string. This allows CSS data to be easily mapped into other formats. This documentation is for people who want to write their own CSS::Adaptor module. For usage information, see the documentation for CSS. METHODS
CONSTRUCTOR "new()" Called without options. FUNCTIONS "output_rule( $rule )" returns a string containing a formatted CSS::Style object, passed as an object ref "output_selectors( $selectors )" returns a string containing a formatted list of CSS::Selector objects, passed as an array ref "output_properties( $properties )" returns a string containing a formatted list of CSS::Property objects, passed as an array ref "output_values( $values )" returns a string containing a formatted list of CSS::Value objects, passed as an array ref AUTHORS
Copyright (C) 2001-2002, Allen Day <allenday@ucla.edu> Copyright (C) 2003-2004, Cal Henderson <cal@iamcal.com> SEE ALSO
CSS perl v5.14.2 2008-04-23 CSS::Adaptor(3pm)