Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doubt
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Doubt Post 303030886 by vgersh99 on Monday 18th of February 2019 05:43:29 PM
Old 02-18-2019
Hello,

Per our forum rules, all threads must have a descriptive subject text. For example, do not post questions with subjects like "Help Me!", "Urgent!!" or "Doubt". Post subjects like "Execution Problems with Cron" or "Help with Backup Shell Script".

The reason for this is that nearly 95% of all visitors to this site come here because they are referred by a search engine. In order for future searches on your post (with answers) to work well, the subject field must be something useful and related to the problem!

In addition, current forum users who are kind enough to answer questions should be able to understand the essence of your query at first glance.

So, as a benefit and courtesy to current and future knowledge seekers, please be careful with your subject text. You might receive a forum infraction if you don't pay attention to this.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

One doubt

Hi, Can i use the shell script like this? When i am running the script it is hanging not giving me any output. I can redirect the output and then i can do the manipulations also but why this one is wrong. I am confused we can do like this or not.. #!/usr/bin/ksh for line in `top` do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

doubt in df -h

in my parition i hav parition like this Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 24G 22G 756M 97% / /dev/sda5 248G 1.2G 234G 1% /else /dev/sda1 965M 24M 892M 3% /boot tmpfs 7.0G 0 7.0G 0%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt

Hi , Struck with one basic question. Iam expecting word count of 4 where "wc" is showing as 5 . # echo "abcd" | wc 1 1 5 # echo abcd | wc 1 1 5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchal_boddu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt

Hi, I have a file with multiple entries and I have calculated the percentages. Now I want to know how many of my entries are there between 1-10% 11-20% and so on.. chr1_14401_14450 0.211954217888936 chr1_14451_14500 1.90758796100042 chr1_14501_14550 4.02713013988978... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Doubt

hi ,, i am new for this.. i want to know abt linux os.. which version is best for it industry.. please suggest me..:cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c vignesh kumar
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Doubt

How to create a file with specific size in RHEL6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sashi Kanth A
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt..

Hi experts, In one of our code we have used some command like this. name=${name##*/} Can someone please let me know what exactly it does? Thanks & Regards, Sathya V. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sathya83aa
1 Replies
CREATE 
SCHEMA(7) SQL Commands CREATE SCHEMA(7) NAME
CREATE SCHEMA - define a new schema SYNOPSIS
CREATE SCHEMA schemaname [ AUTHORIZATION username ] [ schema_element [ ... ] ] CREATE SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION username [ schema_element [ ... ] ] INPUTS schemaname The name of a schema to be created. If this is omitted, the user name is used as the schema name. username The name of the user who will own the schema. If omitted, defaults to the user executing the command. Only superusers may create schemas owned by users other than themselves. schema_element An SQL statement defining an object to be created within the schema. Currently, only CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW, and GRANT are accepted as clauses within CREATE SCHEMA. Other kinds of objects may be created in separate commands after the schema is created. OUTPUTS CREATE SCHEMA Message returned if the command is successful. ERROR: namespace "schemaname" already exists If the schema specified already exists. DESCRIPTION
CREATE SCHEMA will enter a new schema into the current database. The schema name must be distinct from the name of any existing schema in the current database. A schema is essentially a namespace: it contains named objects (tables, data types, functions, and operators) whose names may duplicate those of other objects existing in other schemas. Named objects are accessed either by ``qualifying'' their names with the schema name as a prefix, or by setting a search path that includes the desired schema(s). Optionally, CREATE SCHEMA can include subcommands to create objects within the new schema. The subcommands are treated essentially the same as separate commands issued after creating the schema, except that if the AUTHORIZATION clause is used, all the created objects will be owned by that user. NOTES To create a schema, the invoking user must have CREATE privilege for the current database. (Of course, superusers bypass this check.) Use DROP SCHEMA to remove a schema. EXAMPLES
Create a schema: CREATE SCHEMA myschema; Create a schema for user joe --- the schema will also be named joe: CREATE SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION joe; Create a schema and create a table and view within it: CREATE SCHEMA hollywood CREATE TABLE films (title text, release date, awards text[]) CREATE VIEW winners AS SELECT title, release FROM films WHERE awards IS NOT NULL; Notice that the individual subcommands do not end with semicolons. The following is an equivalent way of accomplishing the same result: CREATE SCHEMA hollywood; CREATE TABLE hollywood.films (title text, release date, awards text[]); CREATE VIEW hollywood.winners AS SELECT title, release FROM hollywood.films WHERE awards IS NOT NULL; COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 SQL92 allows a DEFAULT CHARACTER SET clause in CREATE SCHEMA, as well as more subcommand types than are presently accepted by PostgreSQL. SQL92 specifies that the subcommands in CREATE SCHEMA may appear in any order. The present PostgreSQL implementation does not handle all cases of forward references in subcommands; it may sometimes be necessary to reorder the subcommands to avoid forward references. In SQL92, the owner of a schema always owns all objects within it. PostgreSQL allows schemas to contain objects owned by users other than the schema owner. This can happen only if the schema owner grants CREATE rights on his schema to someone else. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 CREATE SCHEMA(7)