Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Package
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Package Post 303030850 by big123456 on Monday 18th of February 2019 12:50:15 AM
Old 02-18-2019
Package

Hi,
What is installation package and how to create it?
When we run:
in AIX:
Code:
installp package1

or
in Linux
Code:
rpm -ivh mypackage

What is package1 or mypackage in the abov examples and how to create them and deploy them?
I hope my question is clear enough.
Thank you

Last edited by Don Cragun; 02-18-2019 at 02:16 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

2. Solaris

not able to install the package

I am working with sun solaris 9 and I want to install some packages but due to less disk space I am not able to install the packages. I am giving the output of filesystem-- # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 2148263 1997593 107705 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
10 Replies

3. BSD

after update package...

Hi all^^ after upgrade joomla (1.5.7-1.5.11) this package , and then portaudit -Fda fetch: http://www.FreeBsd.org/ports/auditfile.tbz: No address record Couldn't fetch database. Old database restored. portaudit: Download failed what wrong??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adamkong
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to uninstall the package help

hi i installed wine1.1.2-sol11-i386.pkg.bz2 but wine doesnt work error err:process:start_wineboot failed to start wineboot, err 1359 how can i uninstall that package and how can i fix that error (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ect1
2 Replies

5. AIX

mkinstallp package creation failing "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root"

Hello, I'm trying to build a (bff) package from an already installed program (clam antivirus) using mkinstallp. However, mkinstallp fails with "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root" I'm not sure why all files get created ok except for these particular ones. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonte
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

7. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies
DPKG::Log::Analyse::Package(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  DPKG::Log::Analyse::Package(3pm)

NAME
DPKG::Log::Analyse::Package - Describe a package as analysed from a dpkg.log VERSION
version 1.20 SYNOPSIS
use DPKG::Log; my $package = DPKG::Log::Analyse::Package->new('package' => 'foobar'); DESCRIPTION
This module is used to analyse a dpkg log. METHODS
$package = DPKG::Log::Analyse::Package->new('package' => 'foobar') Returns a new DPKG::Log::Analyse::Package object. $package_name = $package->name; Returns the name of this package. $package->version Return or set the version of this package. $package->previous_version Return or set the previous version of this package. $package->status Return or set the status of this package. equals($package1, $package2); print "equal" if $package1 eq $package2 Compares two packages in their string representation. compare($package1, $package2) print "greater" if $package1 > $package2 Compare two packages. See OVERLOADING for details on how the comparison works. $package_str = $package->as_string printf("Package name: %s", $package); Return this package as a string. This will return the package name and the version (if set) in the form package_name/version. If version is not set, it will return the package name only. Overloading This module explicitly overloads some operators. Each operand is expected to be a DPKG::Log::Analyse::Package object. The string comparison operators, "eq" or "ne" will use the string value for the comparison. The numerical operators will use the package name and package version for comparison. That means a package1 == package2 if package1->name equals package2->name AND package1->version == package2->version. The module stores versions as Dpkg::Version objects, therefore sorting different versions of the same package will work. This module also overloads stringification returning either the package name if no version is set or "package_name/version" if a version is set. SEE ALSO
DPKG::Log, DPKG::Version AUTHOR
Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@debian.org>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2011 Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@debian.org> This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-23 DPKG::Log::Analyse::Package(3pm)