Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux OPENLDAP - not able to download profile from master Post 303030747 by Scrutinizer on Friday 15th of February 2019 02:32:18 AM
Old 02-15-2019
My thoughts were that perhaps the profile information wasn't there, hence my suggestion to try manual but that seems to be OK.

I noticed this bit:
Code:
file_backup: (/var/ldap/ldap_client_cred -> /var/ldap/restore/ldap_client_cred)
mv: cannot access /var/ldap/ldap_client_cred
file_backup: file_move(/var/ldap/ldap_client_cred, /var/ldap/restore/ldap_client_cred) failed with 512
Save of system configuration failed.  Attempting recovery.

So it appears ldapclient cannot make a backup of the old configuration and then does a walk-back..

Is /var/ldap/ldap_client_cred present/accessible?

--
Note: Please remove sensitive information from your posts..

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-15-2019 at 05:12 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. SCO

Difference between .profile and .~/.profile

what is the difference between these two lines, if we use it in korn shell script: .profile .~/.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maneesh mehta
3 Replies

3. AIX

openLDAP with Aix

hello I have a P570 with 3 partitions. These partitions are available, since 1 year. So there are a lot of users, files, etc, on these partition I must now install an openldap with Debian to manage all these users. But several pb: on LDAP, we are 1 iud for user and one home directory, 1 gid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between /etc/profile and .profile?

What is the difference between /etc/profile and .profile? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Need OpenLDAP Help

Hi, all: I'm studying for the RHCE and have hit the section on configuring an OpenLDAP client. I'd like to practice this, but I can't get an OpenLDAP server set up. I followed the directions in RedHat's Deployment Guide, and it looks like the server is up and running, but I can't get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjlohman
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

7. Solaris

OpenLDAP setup

At work I'm been givin the task to move are backend servers from NIS to LDAP. We have mostly Solaris 10 servers, as well as a few Redhat servers. I am going to use openLDAP as the LDAP server. I'm looking for a good how to guide on setting up the openLDAP server. Most of the docs I have found seem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Openldap configuration

I m using Intel solaris 10 version . I m trying to install openldap and used several documents and package versions . But every time I got CC PATH error and while I solved the CC issue , I got Barkley DB error . :wall: Is there any perticular site from where I can install and configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjee
1 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies
LDAP_CONNECT(3) 							 1							   LDAP_CONNECT(3)

ldap_connect - Connect to an LDAP server

SYNOPSIS
resource ldap_connect NULL ([string $hostname], [int $port = 389]) DESCRIPTION
Establishes a connection to a LDAP server on a specified $hostname and $port. PARAMETERS
o $hostname - If you are using OpenLDAP 2.x.x you can specify a URL instead of the hostname. To use LDAP with SSL, compile OpenLDAP 2.x.x with SSL support, configure PHP with SSL, and set this parameter as ldaps://hostname/. o $port - The port to connect to. Not used when using URLs. RETURN VALUES
Returns a positive LDAP link identifier on success, or FALSE on error. When OpenLDAP 2.x.x is used, ldap_connect(3) will always return a resource as it does not actually connect but just initializes the connecting parameters. The actual connect happens with the next calls to ldap_* funcs, usually with ldap_bind(3). If no arguments are specified then the link identifier of the already opened link will be returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Example of connecting to LDAP server. <?php // LDAP variables $ldaphost = "ldap.example.com"; // your ldap servers $ldapport = 389; // your ldap server's port number // Connecting to LDAP $ldapconn = ldap_connect($ldaphost, $ldapport) or die("Could not connect to $ldaphost"); ?> Example #2 Example of connecting securely to LDAP server. <?php // make sure your host is the correct one // that you issued your secure certificate to $ldaphost = "ldaps://ldap.example.com/"; // Connecting to LDAP $ldapconn = ldap_connect($ldaphost) or die("Could not connect to {$ldaphost}"); ?> SEE ALSO
ldap_bind(3). PHP Documentation Group LDAP_CONNECT(3)