Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux OPENLDAP - not able to download profile from master Post 303030747 by Scrutinizer on Friday 15th of February 2019 02:32:18 AM
Old 02-15-2019
My thoughts were that perhaps the profile information wasn't there, hence my suggestion to try manual but that seems to be OK.

I noticed this bit:
Code:
file_backup: (/var/ldap/ldap_client_cred -> /var/ldap/restore/ldap_client_cred)
mv: cannot access /var/ldap/ldap_client_cred
file_backup: file_move(/var/ldap/ldap_client_cred, /var/ldap/restore/ldap_client_cred) failed with 512
Save of system configuration failed.  Attempting recovery.

So it appears ldapclient cannot make a backup of the old configuration and then does a walk-back..

Is /var/ldap/ldap_client_cred present/accessible?

--
Note: Please remove sensitive information from your posts..

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-15-2019 at 05:12 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. SCO

Difference between .profile and .~/.profile

what is the difference between these two lines, if we use it in korn shell script: .profile .~/.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maneesh mehta
3 Replies

3. AIX

openLDAP with Aix

hello I have a P570 with 3 partitions. These partitions are available, since 1 year. So there are a lot of users, files, etc, on these partition I must now install an openldap with Debian to manage all these users. But several pb: on LDAP, we are 1 iud for user and one home directory, 1 gid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between /etc/profile and .profile?

What is the difference between /etc/profile and .profile? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Need OpenLDAP Help

Hi, all: I'm studying for the RHCE and have hit the section on configuring an OpenLDAP client. I'd like to practice this, but I can't get an OpenLDAP server set up. I followed the directions in RedHat's Deployment Guide, and it looks like the server is up and running, but I can't get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjlohman
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

7. Solaris

OpenLDAP setup

At work I'm been givin the task to move are backend servers from NIS to LDAP. We have mostly Solaris 10 servers, as well as a few Redhat servers. I am going to use openLDAP as the LDAP server. I'm looking for a good how to guide on setting up the openLDAP server. Most of the docs I have found seem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Openldap configuration

I m using Intel solaris 10 version . I m trying to install openldap and used several documents and package versions . But every time I got CC PATH error and while I solved the CC issue , I got Barkley DB error . :wall: Is there any perticular site from where I can install and configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjee
1 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies
UD(1)							      General Commands Manual							     UD(1)

NAME
ud - interactive LDAP Directory Server query program SYNOPSIS
ud [-Dv] [-s server] [-d debug-mask] [-l ldap-debug-mask] [-f file] DESCRIPTION
ud is used to interogate a directory server via the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP). OPTIONS
-s server Used to specify the name of an LDAP server to which ud should connect. If this flag is omitted, the value specified in the ud configuration file is used. If no value is specified in the configuration file, or the configuration file does not exist, the name ldap is used. Of course, it is up to the system administrator to make sure that the name ldap can be resolved (presumably through the use of a CNAME or A record in the DNS and the appropriate search path specified in the resolver config file). -d debug-mask Sets the ud debug mask to the value specified. Values for the mask can be dumped by using the -D flag. -f file Sets the configuration file to the name specified. -l ldap-debug-mask Sets the LDAP debug mask to the value specified. -v Turns on verbose output. Also toggable via the ud verbose command. -D Prints out a list of valid ud debug masks. FILES
/etc/openldap/ud.conf The ud configuration file. SEE ALSO
ud.conf(5), ldap.conf(5), ldap(3) DIAGNOSTICS
ud will try to be nice about error conditions, and in most cases prints a warm and fuzzy error message when it encounters a problem. Some- times the error will be unexpected, and in these cases, ud uses the ldap_perror() routine to print an informative diagnostic. BUGS
Too numerous to mention. AUTHOR
Bryan Beecher, University of Michigan ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. 4.3 Berkeley Distribution 20 August 2000 UD(1)