Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux OPENLDAP - not able to download profile from master Post 303030735 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 14th of February 2019 05:09:30 PM
Old 02-14-2019
It means that the /var/ldap/ldap_client_file and /var/ldap/ldap_client_cred file are empty. This is generated by ldapclient -v init, but then the a profile has to be stored in LDAP . Is that the case? You seem to be looking in the ou=hosts container.

Did you create an RFC2307bis schema in LDAP?

Instead of init you can use ldapclient -v manual and simply specify the ldapclient configuration on the command line..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. SCO

Difference between .profile and .~/.profile

what is the difference between these two lines, if we use it in korn shell script: .profile .~/.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maneesh mehta
3 Replies

3. AIX

openLDAP with Aix

hello I have a P570 with 3 partitions. These partitions are available, since 1 year. So there are a lot of users, files, etc, on these partition I must now install an openldap with Debian to manage all these users. But several pb: on LDAP, we are 1 iud for user and one home directory, 1 gid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between /etc/profile and .profile?

What is the difference between /etc/profile and .profile? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Need OpenLDAP Help

Hi, all: I'm studying for the RHCE and have hit the section on configuring an OpenLDAP client. I'd like to practice this, but I can't get an OpenLDAP server set up. I followed the directions in RedHat's Deployment Guide, and it looks like the server is up and running, but I can't get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjlohman
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

7. Solaris

OpenLDAP setup

At work I'm been givin the task to move are backend servers from NIS to LDAP. We have mostly Solaris 10 servers, as well as a few Redhat servers. I am going to use openLDAP as the LDAP server. I'm looking for a good how to guide on setting up the openLDAP server. Most of the docs I have found seem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Openldap configuration

I m using Intel solaris 10 version . I m trying to install openldap and used several documents and package versions . But every time I got CC PATH error and while I solved the CC issue , I got Barkley DB error . :wall: Is there any perticular site from where I can install and configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjee
1 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies
DIFFINDEX-DOWNLOAD(1)													     DIFFINDEX-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
diffindex-download - Download utility for Debian Contents files SYNOPSIS
diffindex-download [ options ] URL filename DESCRIPTION
diffindex-download is a command line tool for downloading Contents files. It uses APT's diff/Index format patches when available to avoid downloading the full file. diffindex-download is used by apt-file. OPTIONS
-n number If more than number patches would be necessary, download the whole file. Specifying 0 to always download the whole file is possible. -k Don't verify the peer certificate when using https. -c cacert If cacert is a directory: Use cacert as CA certificate path. Otherwise use cacert as CA certificate bundle. See the --capath and --cacert options in the curl(1) man page. -i Don't exit with errror if the URL does not exist. This is useful as some archives don't provide Contents files. -q Be quiet (opposite of -v). The default if stdout is not a terminal. -v Be verbose (opposite of -q). The default if stdout is a terminal. -d Print additional debug info. -h Display a short help screen. SEE ALSO
apt-file(1), diffindex-rred(1), curl(1) AUTHOR
diffindex-download was written by Stefan Fritsch <sf@debian.org>. January 2009 DIFFINDEX-DOWNLOAD(1)