Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users 30 tcp connections Established for a while and after a few minutes are close Post 303030676 by alexcol on Wednesday 13th of February 2019 08:37:05 PM
Old 02-13-2019
Thanks you very much for your support and explanation, it is useful for me to grow. Unfortunately i dont have enough documentation at hand for every party (ip adresses,ports, services and so on) to provide and to keep the resolution . AS soon as i get this i will let you know. THanks once again for your support
This User Gave Thanks to alexcol For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Prog to close a socket in established state

I have a SUN environment running an WebLogic that communicates w/a 3rd party running IIS. When the IIS site goes down (frequently), I am stuck with sockets in an ESTABLISHED state, and cannot seem to figure out how to avoid this. No exceptions are thrown as I can still open connections to the IIS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: teledelux
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

close tcp port

Hello, I have a service running (ODBC) and every now and then it will hang and I will have to stop and restart the service. The problem is when I stop the service, it indeed stops the service, but netstat reports a tcp port still open with the fin_wait_2 status. Then I must close the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

3. Programming

close existing tcp connection in C

Hello. I would like to know how to close an existing tcp socket. I have read some stuff and learned how to create a socket and then close it but have not found anything about how to close an existing tcp socket created by another application. The situation is this: I have an ODBC server running and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to kill all active tcp connections from an IP?

How to kill all active tcp connections from an IP? I am using CentOS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: an00p
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to kill the TCP ESTABLISHED connection in netstat

Hello, Actually there are some bugs in application which does not close the TCP connection to other server though CORBA. We need to kill that ESTABLISHED connections as new connection are not happeneing as the allocated ports were used and showing as ESTABLISHED Is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GIC1986
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Established connections causing lag?

I'm not to sure how to go about this questions, so I will just ask it and then get criticized. How many Established connections should a V440 be able to support? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
4 Replies

7. Programming

TCP trashing data on application close

I am using c to send data to a socket with the following commands: socket = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, ptrp->p_proto); ioctl(socket, FIONBIO, (char *)&on); connect(socket) send(socket,data) shutdown(socket, SHUT_WR); recv(socket) //ready last of data waiting on the port //note this is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metrix
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to test max number of tcp connections

Hello, I wanna test max tcp connection value. Please suggest how to do that. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstoychev
2 Replies

9. Solaris

many tcp connection in close-wait

Hi, I use solaris Unix . I find there is some problem in application and it generate many "close-wait" tcp connect and stay in the server . it is generate by process id 7740 root@XX # netstat -an | grep CLOSE_WAIT | wc -l 285 root@XX # netstat -an | grep CLOSE_WAIT 10.158.35.4.34805 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcdef
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Need to know reason for connections closed in netstat -p tcp

Hello netstat -p give below 6634176 connections as closed.How do we trace that which all connections are being closed on the server? 1366888371 data packet headers correctly predicted 1195906 connection requests 5227320 connection accepts 5992919... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
6 Replies
ports(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						  ports(7)

NAME
ports, port_names - Device (tty and lp) names for serial and parallel ports SYNOPSIS
Default Serial Ports: /dev/tty00 /dev/tty01 (not present on a single-port system) Parallel Port: /dev/lp0 DESCRIPTION
AlphaStation and AlphaServer systems provide one or two 9-pin serial communication ports. These ports are usually labelled 1 (COMM1) and 2 (COMM2), but they may be identified by different icons. Using the appropriate serial cable and terminator, you can connect a serial printer, external modem, or character-cell terminal to a serial port. Most AlphaStation and AlphaServer systems also provide one parallel port, for use with a parallel printer. When you add a device to your system, the installation documentation may instruct you to map the device pathname to the port. These devices are located in the /dev directory. For serial-line ports, the two default device pathnames are: This pathname always maps to 1, COMM1, the lowest port number, an icon for a terminal console, or the only serial port (on a single-port system). This pathname always maps to 2, COMM2, the next numbered port, or (if one serial port is labeled with an icon for a terminal console) the remaining serial port. If your system hardware has been extended to include additional serial ports, the pathnames /dev/tty02, /dev/tty03, and so forth, may also be available to you. However, most systems have only /dev/tty00 and /dev/tty01 as the device pathnames for serial ports. The one parallel port on an AlphaStation or AlphaServer may be labeled with the word printer or a printer icon. On some systems, the paral- lel port may not be labeled. The device pathname for the parallel port is /dev/lp0. Currently, Tru64 UNIX does not fully support parallel printers, so fewer devices are connected to this port as compared to serial ports. If you are connecting a terminal console to your system, it must be connected to the serial port mapped to /dev/tty00. For other serial devices, it does not matter which of the serial ports you choose for the connection. For example, suppose you are setting up a system that has two serial ports, labeled 1 and 2. You intend to use a serial-line terminal rather than a workstation monitor as the system console and also want to connect a serial-line printer to the system. In this case, you must connect the terminal to the port labeled 1 (with the device pathname /dev/tty00). Therefore, you must connect the printer to the remaining port labeled 2 (with the device pathname /dev/tty01). If, for the same type of system, you intend to use a workstation monitor as the system console, it does not matter which serial port you use for a serial-line printer or modem. In other words, you can connect the printer to either port 1 (with pathname /dev/tty00) or port 2 (with pathname /dev/tty01). When prompted to enter a /dev/tty** pathname by the lprsetup script or the Print configuration tool in the CDE Application Manager, you would specify /dev/tty00 if you connected the printer to port 1 or /dev/tty01 if you connected the printer to port 2. See the System Administration manual for more information on setting up consoles (including remote consoles) and printers. See the modem(7) reference page for more information on setting up modems. SEE ALSO
Commands: lprsetup(8) Devices: ace(7), modem(7) System Administration delim off ports(7)