Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users 30 tcp connections Established for a while and after a few minutes are close Post 303030676 by alexcol on Wednesday 13th of February 2019 08:37:05 PM
Old 02-13-2019
Thanks you very much for your support and explanation, it is useful for me to grow. Unfortunately i dont have enough documentation at hand for every party (ip adresses,ports, services and so on) to provide and to keep the resolution . AS soon as i get this i will let you know. THanks once again for your support
This User Gave Thanks to alexcol For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Prog to close a socket in established state

I have a SUN environment running an WebLogic that communicates w/a 3rd party running IIS. When the IIS site goes down (frequently), I am stuck with sockets in an ESTABLISHED state, and cannot seem to figure out how to avoid this. No exceptions are thrown as I can still open connections to the IIS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: teledelux
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

close tcp port

Hello, I have a service running (ODBC) and every now and then it will hang and I will have to stop and restart the service. The problem is when I stop the service, it indeed stops the service, but netstat reports a tcp port still open with the fin_wait_2 status. Then I must close the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

3. Programming

close existing tcp connection in C

Hello. I would like to know how to close an existing tcp socket. I have read some stuff and learned how to create a socket and then close it but have not found anything about how to close an existing tcp socket created by another application. The situation is this: I have an ODBC server running and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to kill all active tcp connections from an IP?

How to kill all active tcp connections from an IP? I am using CentOS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: an00p
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to kill the TCP ESTABLISHED connection in netstat

Hello, Actually there are some bugs in application which does not close the TCP connection to other server though CORBA. We need to kill that ESTABLISHED connections as new connection are not happeneing as the allocated ports were used and showing as ESTABLISHED Is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GIC1986
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Established connections causing lag?

I'm not to sure how to go about this questions, so I will just ask it and then get criticized. How many Established connections should a V440 be able to support? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
4 Replies

7. Programming

TCP trashing data on application close

I am using c to send data to a socket with the following commands: socket = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, ptrp->p_proto); ioctl(socket, FIONBIO, (char *)&on); connect(socket) send(socket,data) shutdown(socket, SHUT_WR); recv(socket) //ready last of data waiting on the port //note this is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metrix
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to test max number of tcp connections

Hello, I wanna test max tcp connection value. Please suggest how to do that. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstoychev
2 Replies

9. Solaris

many tcp connection in close-wait

Hi, I use solaris Unix . I find there is some problem in application and it generate many "close-wait" tcp connect and stay in the server . it is generate by process id 7740 root@XX # netstat -an | grep CLOSE_WAIT | wc -l 285 root@XX # netstat -an | grep CLOSE_WAIT 10.158.35.4.34805 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcdef
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Need to know reason for connections closed in netstat -p tcp

Hello netstat -p give below 6634176 connections as closed.How do we trace that which all connections are being closed on the server? 1366888371 data packet headers correctly predicted 1195906 connection requests 5227320 connection accepts 5992919... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
6 Replies
SubmitDiagInfo(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 SubmitDiagInfo(8)

NAME
SubmitDiagInfo -- sends diagnostic information to Apple SYNOPSIS
SubmitDiagInfo DESCRIPTION
SubmitDiagInfo is a system process which runs periodically. If the user has opted-in for automatic reporting of diagnostic and usage infor- mation, then SubmitDiagInfo collects and sends to Apple any recent diagnostic information which has not yet been sent to Apple. SubmitDiagInfo also cleans up any diagnostic and usage information which was created more than one month ago and is no longer needed. Sending diagnostic and usage reports to Apple helps us improve the quality and performance of our products and services. It helps Apple identify common usage trends and issues that enable us to allocate our resources efficiently, and it helps us provide better support services to you and other customers. All of the diagnostic and usage information is collected anonymously from your computer in a way that does not personally identify you. Reports may include the following information: - Details about application or system crashes, freezes, or kernel panics. - Information about events on your computer (e.g. whether a certain function, such as waking your computer was successful or not). - Usage information (e.g. data about how Apple and third party software, hardware and services are being used). Automatic reporting of diagnostic information is off by default and no information is sent to Apple unless a user has opted-in to automatic collection of diagnostic information. A user is offered the opportunity to opt-in for automatic collection of additional diagnostic and usage information after the user has manually sent a crash, hang or panic report to Apple. Users may at any time opt in or out of automatic reporting in the Security & Privacy pane of the System Preferences application under the "Privacy" tab. All diagnostic and usage information which is eligible for automatic reporting is visible in the Console application under the "DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFORMATION" heading in the application's sidebar. (The information appears here even if a user has not yet opted-in for automatic reporting.) For security purposes, some system diagnostic information will only be visible to admin users and will only be submitted when an admin user is logged in. Users who need technical support should use http://www.apple.com/support or other authorized support channels. Developers who are ADC mem- bers should submit bug reports using http://bugreporter.apple.com in order to allow for two way communication between Apple and the bug reporter. SEE ALSO
ReportCrash(8) DumpPanic(8) diagnostics_agent(8) Mac OS May 31, 2019 Mac OS