Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script not running at startup Post 303030661 by tomislav91 on Wednesday 13th of February 2019 01:07:00 PM
Old 02-13-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by stomp
Check/Show file contents of ...
Code:
/etc/systemd/system/check.service

Check/Show output of...
Code:
systemctl status check.service

Code:
 /etc/systemd/system/check.service
/etc/systemd/system/check.service: line 1: [Unit]: command not found
/etc/systemd/system/check.service: line 2: After: command not found
/etc/systemd/system/check.service: line 4: [Service]: command not found
/etc/systemd/system/check.service: line 7: [Install]: command not found
/etc/systemd/system/check.service: line 8: WantedBy: command not found
root@test:~# WebSocket server settings:
  - Listen on :5555
  - Flash security policy server
  - No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
  - proxying from :5555 to localhost:7000
root@test:~# systemctl status check.service
โ- check.service
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/check.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead) since Wed 2019-02-13 18:55:47 CET; 47s ago
  Process: 1489 ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/check.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 1489 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

ั„ะตะฑ 13 18:55:47test systemd[1]: Started check.service.

This is systemd check file
Code:
[Unit]
After network.target = auditd.service

[Service]
ExecStart= /usr/local/bin/check.sh

[Install]
WantedBy = multi-user.target

--- Post updated at 01:07 PM ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
You may have better results if you use the full path of this command in your script:

Code:
/your/full/path/to/this/bin/websockify

tried, and nothing happend, ports are closed, only when put in terminal its gonna run

Code:
ss -an |grep 7000
ss -an |grep 5555

Last edited by RudiC; 02-13-2019 at 05:36 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

New in Unix, I am adding a line "route add 57.14.y.y 57.14.x.x" every day after rebooting the system. Where can I add the line so during boot up (the system is re-started every day by design (???) the line is executed? (I tried the /etc/rc2.d/S90 but for some reason the line needs to be added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaspanama
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a Cron Script only @ Startup Pls Help!!

Hi friends i have a script "backup.sh" which is stored in "/var/lib/pgsql" directory. I want it to run as a cron so that it executes every time the system starts. I tried the follwing method I logged in as the root user and typed "crontab -e" The file was completly blank so i put the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perk_bud
3 Replies

3. Solaris

stop solaris 8 sendmail from running on startup

sorry i got this already... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. AIX

running fsck on aix in startup

Hi, I would like to know in which file I can get the option of enabling/disabling of running fsck on particular file system. As I know in /etc/filesystems these parameter should be there just like in Linux /etc/fstab I have created file system aix test but unable to find the option of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. AIX

startup script

Hi I need the below script to be started whenever I reboot my aix server ? #cat cdbegin /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/bin/cdpmgr -i /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/cfg/cbspsdb01/initparm.cfg Please suggest how to add this to the startup ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

running my own script during startup

Hi, I am using scientific linux with is a red hat cloning. I have written a script and I want it to be run during startup before the user log in. How do I do that? I know that there is some connection to the run level and the directory /etc/rc.d. But I don't know how exactly to do it ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cisco copy running to startup

Hi all, i have a small simple perl that i cant make it work it is really stupid but i cant find solution and i needed fast. im trying to copy running to startup on a cisco router and show me the output like is ok Destination filename ? Building configuration... so the code i have is ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IvanMP
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

I can't quite find a clear answer on how to properly write a start up script. Does anybody have any ideas?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
3 Replies