Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script not running at startup Post 303030651 by tomislav91 on Wednesday 13th of February 2019 08:49:56 AM
Old 02-13-2019
Script not running at startup

I am having check.sh script and check.service which I include to /etc/systemd/system/

Code:
chmod 744 /usr/local/bin/check.sh
chmod 664 /etc/systemd/system/check.service
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl enable check.service

Code:
check.sh:
websockify 5555 localhost:7000 &
date > /home/john/date.txt

websockify is installed correctly and when I run this only in terminal it is good, but script not run this part on startup. I put a test date to export to file and this line is ok, but why first isn't?

Linux is 18.04 Ubuntu

Last edited by RudiC; 02-13-2019 at 10:29 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

New in Unix, I am adding a line "route add 57.14.y.y 57.14.x.x" every day after rebooting the system. Where can I add the line so during boot up (the system is re-started every day by design (???) the line is executed? (I tried the /etc/rc2.d/S90 but for some reason the line needs to be added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaspanama
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a Cron Script only @ Startup Pls Help!!

Hi friends i have a script "backup.sh" which is stored in "/var/lib/pgsql" directory. I want it to run as a cron so that it executes every time the system starts. I tried the follwing method I logged in as the root user and typed "crontab -e" The file was completly blank so i put the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perk_bud
3 Replies

3. Solaris

stop solaris 8 sendmail from running on startup

sorry i got this already... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. AIX

running fsck on aix in startup

Hi, I would like to know in which file I can get the option of enabling/disabling of running fsck on particular file system. As I know in /etc/filesystems these parameter should be there just like in Linux /etc/fstab I have created file system aix test but unable to find the option of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. AIX

startup script

Hi I need the below script to be started whenever I reboot my aix server ? #cat cdbegin /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/bin/cdpmgr -i /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/cfg/cbspsdb01/initparm.cfg Please suggest how to add this to the startup ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

running my own script during startup

Hi, I am using scientific linux with is a red hat cloning. I have written a script and I want it to be run during startup before the user log in. How do I do that? I know that there is some connection to the run level and the directory /etc/rc.d. But I don't know how exactly to do it ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cisco copy running to startup

Hi all, i have a small simple perl that i cant make it work it is really stupid but i cant find solution and i needed fast. im trying to copy running to startup on a cisco router and show me the output like is ok Destination filename ? Building configuration... so the code i have is ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IvanMP
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

I can't quite find a clear answer on how to properly write a start up script. Does anybody have any ideas?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-HALT.SERVICE(8) 				       systemd-halt.service					   SYSTEMD-HALT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-halt.service, systemd-poweroff.service, systemd-reboot.service, systemd-kexec.service, systemd-shutdown - System shutdown logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-halt.service systemd-poweroff.service systemd-reboot.service systemd-kexec.service /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-shutdown DESCRIPTION
systemd-halt.service is a system service that is pulled in by halt.target and is responsible for the actual system halt. Similarly, systemd-poweroff.service is pulled in by poweroff.target, systemd-reboot.service by reboot.target and systemd-kexec.service by kexec.target to execute the respective actions. When these services are run they ensure that PID 1 is replaced by the /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-shutdown tool which is then responsible for the actual shutdown. Before shutting down this binary will try to unmount all remaining file systems, disable all remaining swap devices, detach all remaining storage devices and kill all remaining processes. It is necessary to have this code in a separate binary because otherwise rebooting after an upgrade might be broken -- the running PID 1 could still depend on libraries which are not available any more, thus keeping the file system busy, which then cannot be re-mounted read-only. Immediately before executing the actual system halt/poweroff/reboot/kexec systemd-shutdown will run all executables in /usr/lib/systemd/system-shutdown/ and pass one arguments to them: either "halt", "poweroff", "reboot" or "kexec", depending on the chosen action. All executables in this directory are executed in parallel, and execution of the action is not continued before all executables finished. Note that systemd-halt.service (and the related units) should never be executed directly. Instead, trigger system shutdown with a command such as "systemctl halt" or suchlike. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd.special(7), reboot(2), systemd-suspend.service(8) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-HALT.SERVICE(8)