Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to add field to diffrent file using shellscript? or awk Post 303030626 by kivale on Wednesday 13th of February 2019 03:45:18 AM
Old 02-13-2019
How to add field to diffrent file using shellscript? or awk

hi,
would you help me?
i have file total.csv

Code:
"a","e23","f"
 "b,"34d","g"
 "c","45f","f"
 "d","45s","f"

count.csv

i do this :
paste -d',",' total.csv count.csv
but the result like this:
Code:

"a,"e23","f" 3
 "b,"34d","g"
 "c","45f","f"
 "d","45s","f"

i want the output like this:
Code:

"a,"e23","f","3"
 "b,"34d","g","3"
 "c","45f","f","3"
 "d","45s","f","3"

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment MOD's comment: Please wrap your samples of input and expected output in [CODE]...........[/CODE] tags.

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 02-13-2019 at 04:52 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed to add field in a text file

Hi there, I have a csv file with some columns comma sepated like this : 4502-17,PETER,ITA2,LEGUE,92,ME - HALF,23/05/10 15:00 4502-18,CARL,ITA2,LEGUE,96,ME - HALF,20/01/09 14:00 4502-19,OTTO,ITA2,LEGUE,97,ME - MARY,23/05/10 15:00 As you can see the column n. 7 is a timestamp column, I need... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: capnino
23 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk field equal something, then add something to the field

Hi Everyone, a.txt a b c 1 e e e e e a b c 2 e e e e e the output is a b c 1 e e e e e a 00b c 2 e e e e e when 4th field = '2', then add '00' in the front of 2nd field value. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK : Add Fields of lines with matching field

Dear All, I would like to add values of a field, if the lines match in a certain field. Then I would like to divide the sum though the number of lines that have a matched field. This is the Input: Input: Test1 5 Test1 10 Test2 2 Test2 5 Test2 13 Test3 4 Output: Test1 7.5 Test1 7.5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove field and match strings to add text

In file1 field $18 is removed.... column header is "Otherinfo", then each line in file1 is used to search file2 for a match. When a match is found the last four strings in file2 are copied to file1. Maybe: cut -f1-17 file1 and then match each line to file2 file1 Chr Start End ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to skip header row and add string to field

The awk below does put in VUS in the 9th field but I can not seem to skip the header then add the VUS. I tried to incorporate NR >=2 and NR > 1 with no luck. Thank you :). input Chr Start End Ref Alt Func.refGene PopFreqMax CLINSIG Classification chr1 43395635 ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add field header and default value in awk

I am trying to add a field header Inheritence in between $9 and $10 and default the value of each line to .. The below awk is close I think. Thanks :). input R_Index Chr Start End Ref Alt Func.IDP.refGene Gene.IDP.refGene ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add symbol to specific field

Trying to use awk to add a . to $4. The input and output is tab-delimeted, but the awk seems to add a . in front of $5 and is space-delimeted. It seems close, but I am not able to produce the desired output. Thank you :). file chr1 948895 949015 chr1:948895-949015 ISG15 chr1 ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add plus or minus to fields and split another field

In the tab-delimited input below I am trying to use awk to -10 from $2 and +10 to $3. Something like awk -F'\t' -v OFS='\t' -v s=10 '{split($4,a,":"); print $1,$2-s,$3+s,a,$5,$6} | awk {split(a,b,"-"); print $1,$2-s,$3+s,b-s,b+s,$5,$6}' input should do that. I also need to -10 from $4... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add text to matching pattern in field

In the awk I am trying to add :p.=? to the end of each $9 that matches the pattern NM_. The below executes andis close but I can not seem to figure out why the :p.=? repeats in the split as in the green in the current output. I have added comments as well. Thank you :). file ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to add length of matching characters between field in file

The awk below produces the current output, which will add +1 to $3. However, I am trying to add the length of the matching characters between $5 and $6 to $3. I have tried using sub as a variable to store the length but am not able to do so correctly. I added comments to each line and the... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)