Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Restore .dmg containing multiple partitions to bootable USB flash drive Post 303030593 by paulcristo on Tuesday 12th of February 2019 11:52:40 PM
Old 02-13-2019
Restore .dmg containing multiple partitions to bootable USB flash drive

I have a .dmg file which was created from a disk consisting of two partitions. When I mount the dmg both partitions pop up, so I know the imaging worked properly. One partition is HFS+ and the other is FAT32.

So far, I've been unable to find a way to restore the dmg to a flash drive where both partitions are accounted for. I've tried using hdiutil, dd, asr, and rain dancing, none of which will restore the image properly with both partitions present.

I'm sure I'm misconfiguring something along the way, and I'm hoping some of you ninjas out there can direct me accordingly.

I'm working on a Mac.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

USB flash Drive

Hello all.. I have a Verbatim 2 GB flash drive. I also have Solaris 10 running on my workstation. If I am in the Windows environment, it detects the flash drive. But when I plug it while I am in solaris, nothing happens. How will solaris 10 detect my flash drive? What do I have to do? any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB flash drive is not mounting what to do...?

hello forum.. i am using RHEL 4.0 and my system is dual boot.normally the usb flash drive should be auto mount , but in my system i am unable to mount the drive plz help... i am a new user so plz give me in detail. thank u in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoranjan
5 Replies

3. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does HPUX 10.2 or 11.i support any USB flash drive?

Where can I get a driver that support usb flash drives for my unix machines. I need a solution to transfer data easily for techs. I am running C3750 and c8000 HP equipment. Or is there a way to mount them and use them without adding drivers? thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkend12
0 Replies

5. Solaris

removable usb flash drive

# rmformat Looking for devices... 1. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0p0 Physical Node: /pci@0,0/pci-ide@1f,1/ide@0/sd@0,0 Connected Device: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B E113 Device Type: DVD Reader/Writer 2. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p0 Physical Node:... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
26 Replies

6. Ubuntu

USB flash drive/keyfob will not automount

I am working on an Ubuntu Linux 8.10 system that I do not want to reboot. For some reason, USB flash drives (mass storage devices) now no longer automount. I want to restore that functionality without rebooting. I can manually mount and unmount these things by doing: cd /media sudo mkdir thing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting different partitions on a usb drive with syslinux

Hello, I have an 8gb usb flash drive that I had high aspirations of using for a recovery/install/messing around multipurpose drive. fdisk shows: $ sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdb password for woodnt: Disk /dev/sdb: 8036 MB, 8036285952 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 977 cylinders Units =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

8. Boot Loaders

How to install grub on USB flash drive?

I wanna install grub on my flash drive for rescue usage. My computer installs winxp, and I have fedora12 installed in vmware. I did like this: step1: format the flash drive as FAT in winXP. step2: in fedora12, mount the flash drive on /media/flash step3: excute the command: grub-install... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to increase cylinders on USB Flash Drive

Hello All, I faced a unique issue. I have written a script for transferring backup data on my host machine to a USB Flash drive. The Flash drive must be of 16GB size. So, my script creates two primary partitionon the USB flash drive. I require approx 5900 cylinders for the first partition on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
8 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Need help in making bootable USB flash with customized 12.04

I'd like to make bootable USB flash with 12.04 desktop on it with some additional packages and customizations, such as added language. What I tried so far - I went through pendrivelinux.com ISO to USB program and have working bootable USB with 12.04 desktop on it. The problem is all my changes... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
8 Replies
volunroot(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      volunroot(8)

NAME
volunroot - Remove Logical Storage Manager hooks for rootable volumes SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volunroot [-a | -A] OPTIONS
Specifies that all volumes on the system disk be converted back to UNIX disk partitions, not just the root and swap volumes, rootvol and swapvol. Forces removal of the private region unless it is the last one in the system. DESCRIPTION
The volunroot script can be used to restore the accessibility of the root, swap, and other file systems on the boot disk directly through disk partitions instead of through volume devices. The script also removes other changes that were made to enable booting of the system from the root volume, so that the system will boot with no dependency on the Logical Storage Manager. When used with no options, volunroot affects only the root and swap volumes, rootvol and swapvol. For volunroot to work properly, only one plex must exist for each of the affected volumes. This plex must be the one created by volrootmir or the original plex created when the root disk was encapsulated. This ensures that the underlying subdisks will have equivalent partitions defined for them on the disk. If these conditions are not met, the volunroot operation fails and none of the volumes are converted to disk partitions. The unwanted plexes can be removed using either voledit or volplex. SEE ALSO
volencap(8), voldiskadm(8), voledit(8), volintro(8), volplex(8), volrootmir(8) volunroot(8)