Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cant ssh, but ping works
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Cant ssh, but ping works Post 303030557 by yells on Tuesday 12th of February 2019 03:49:02 PM
Old 02-12-2019
Do you happen to try this via a VPN connection? I recently encountered this issue with one older client not supporting the compression algorithm.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

could not ssh and ping

hi , i cannot ssh to a server , i have restarted the ssh instances also. and i cannot ping to the server.. any ideas ..plz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
5 Replies

2. Solaris

could not ssh and ping

Hi, I have a solaris 8 machine. I see ssh is running in the machine sbnismwp2# ps -aef | grep ssh root 947 945 0 04:34:45 ? 0:00 /export/opt/SSHtecagt/sbin/ssh-mgmt-sysmonitor root 945 1 0 04:34:45 ? 0:00 /export/opt/SSHtecagt/sbin/ssh-mgmt-agent... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
11 Replies

3. AIX

scp not working while ssh works

I try to transfer a file from a Linux host to an AIX-host via scp, which fails. Logging into the AIX-system from the same Linux-system via ssh works well and i am a bit at a loss where to look. The original setup was with a user account provided via LDAP, but because of the error message (see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to monitor if ssh works.

Hi All, I have a setup of around 100 servers with atleast 10 users on each box.The public key from one server has been created and updated on all other servers , so that passwordless login can be done from any use. We recently had a problem that ssh keys on one of the system was changed and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
2 Replies

5. Solaris

SCP not working while SSH works

Dear expert, I have gone through the thread A similar error arising for me , please find the debug logs. I have tried from another server to push a file using scp but not working for me. i am using SunOS SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise machine. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Network issue on multinic. Unable to ping a host from One NIC but other works

Dear, I hope you all will be ok. I have an issue with Solaris box running on x86 Blade. I am unable to ping a node neither traceroute. I am able to do traceroute from oce0:6 port which have IP and subnet of same type which oce0:1 has. details are as follows: Problem: root@rinams02:/#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaniqshahid
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passwordless SSH works, scp does not

I know the "how to setup passwordless SSH" question is asked probably 5 times a week. I know how to setup passwordless SSH, it's not tough, however after reinstalling linux on my server, I found a problem. I could SSH into my server just fine, no password required, however SCP still required a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: corrado33
4 Replies

8. AIX

Not able to ssh or ping a server

Hi, Earlier I was able to ssh /ping the server but now it just hangs Please suggest how to troubleshoot. Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh on ping result?

I still haven't had chance to read the entire Debian manual, which I promise I will do as soon as I can, and I will start putting info back into this forum. However, for the mean time, could someone please help with a small script? I understand what I've got to do and how to do it, but I'm... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
13 Replies

10. AIX

PING to AIX works but TELNET FTP SSH doesn't work

root@PRD /> rsh DR KFAFH_DR: protocol failure due to unexpected closure from server end root@PRD /> telnet DR Trying... Connected to DR. Escape character is '^]'. Connection closed. root@PRD /> ftp DR Connected to KFAFH_DR. 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3SSL)				      OpenSSL				     SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method - handle SSL/TLS integrated compression methods SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> int SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(int id, COMP_METHOD *cm); DESCRIPTION
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() adds the compression method cm with the identifier id to the list of available compression methods. This list is globally maintained for all SSL operations within this application. It cannot be set for specific SSL_CTX or SSL objects. NOTES
The TLS standard (or SSLv3) allows the integration of compression methods into the communication. The TLS RFC does however not specify compression methods or their corresponding identifiers, so there is currently no compatible way to integrate compression with unknown peers. It is therefore currently not recommended to integrate compression into applications. Applications for non-public use may agree on certain compression methods. Using different compression methods with the same identifier will lead to connection failure. An OpenSSL client speaking a protocol that allows compression (SSLv3, TLSv1) will unconditionally send the list of all compression methods enabled with SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() to the server during the handshake. Unlike the mechanisms to set a cipher list, there is no method available to restrict the list of compression method on a per connection basis. An OpenSSL server will match the identifiers listed by a client against its own compression methods and will unconditionally activate compression when a matching identifier is found. There is no way to restrict the list of compression methods supported on a per connection basis. The OpenSSL library has the compression methods COMP_rle() and (when especially enabled during compilation) COMP_zlib() available. WARNINGS
Once the identities of the compression methods for the TLS protocol have been standardized, the compression API will most likely be changed. Using it in the current state is not recommended. RETURN VALUES
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() may return the following values: 0 The operation succeeded. 1 The operation failed. Check the error queue to find out the reason. SEE ALSO
ssl(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3SSL)